Chart Tools now integrates with Bubble’s native grouping and aggregation tools!
Please be sure to read the documentation here and the guidance below before switching over. This update is not backwards compatible and you will need to make adjustments to each chart’s properties.
In Version 3.2.1
Note: Chart.js elements are now just called Chart Tools: Bar / line and Chart Tools: Pie
New with Chart Tools elements:
- Integration with Bubble’s Group by:… tool for Chart Tools elements (amCharts elements do not integrate, but still offer out-the-box data summary tools)
- Gradient fills for Bar and Line areas
- Straight integration with Bubble date data - no need to apply a Formatted as operation
- Override option for responsive labelling - you can now force axis labels to be shown for all data points
Line tension control adjusts the sharpness / curviness of the line with line graphs
- Prefix values on the left or right Y-Axes with a unit of measurement - e.g. $ (suffix option to follow)
- Control column / bar width
No changes have been made to amCharts elements
Note on integrating over to Version 3.2.1
This update is not backwards compatible. The data setup for each chart has been redesigned from the group up - therefore your current data options will not port over. Follow the order below to setup your data:
Thing to plot: Select the database Thing (or otherwise) that you are charting
Data Source: Run one search for the parent object that contains the fields that you use for your Series labels and values. The type of this Thing must match your selection in Thing to plot. You should apply constraints at this step of the process. You can also add a Group by:… operation - read here to understand how that works. You can also find an example in the Reference.
Label field & Value field: Select the Fields that contain your label and value data.
+ Label’s nested Thing & + Value’s nested Thing: If either your label or value data is contained in a linked object then you should select that Thing here. For example, if your label is a Company’s Name, but Company is a Thing in it’s own right, then you would select Company for + Label’s nested Thing followed by Name for + Nested label’s field (which will appear when you pick a Nested Thing)
If you get errors converting your existing chart over, then you should try from a new element. There are a lot of changes in the backend and switching over may need you to make a fresh start. You can revert to Version 3.0.1 if you have persistent problems and email [email protected]