Compare 2 list and sort them by the one having the more data in common

Hi there, i’ve got an issue and i’ve been scrathing my head for a while with it

i’m working on an app for recruitment .

Let’s say i have a list of Users who all have different skills* and people are comming to check if there is a user with the list of skills they are looking for.

• Skills are fixed in DB they can’t enter what they want , only choose from the list of skills we have entered

when the recruiter goes on the search page they can save filters and on one of this filter they are choosing the skills the candidate is supposed to have

When they save the filters i would like my RG to display the list of user who have skills in common with the list of skills in the filter, and sorting them by who have the most, first.

here is what i’m doing right now:

it’s working fine, the list of user is filtered by “User’s skill’s intersected with Filter’s Skill List”.
It’s returning User’s that have at least 1 in common, but i can’t find how to sort them by the one who has the most first etc …

So let’s say the skill’s in the filter saved in the dropdown is :
-Java
-Javascript
-HTML

the RG should return in order:
User1
ListOfSkills: -Java
-Javascript
-HTML
User2
-Javascript
-other
User3
-other
-other

hope i made myself clear, let me know if you need more information Thank you very much for your help (and sorry for my english)

This is sorting on a calculated field (in this case, the # of intersects), which I don’t believe is possible in standard Bubble.

There are a couple of plugins that may give you this functionality. Search the forum by putting…

sorting calculated

…into the search box and you’ll see several posts and some plugins discussed.

thank you for your answer i’ll have a look

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.