Create An Account for Someone Else

Hi There !

What is the correct workflow to “Create an Account for Someone Else?”
I Wanna create the account and soon after send an email with “Confirmation Link”
Is it possible?

How it works? Simply can’t make it happen!

Hi there, @augusto1… have you already seen this Bubble quick tip video?

Best…
Mike

Mike, the problem is that my APP requires “Email Confirmation”…
And This workflow creates the account but does not send an confirmation email
So the account becomes useless…
Am I missing smthg?

The video shows an action being added to the workflow to send a password reset email, but you could send a different email. How do you define a confirmation email? Do you mean the Send confirmation email workflow action?

I think the idea of a requiring email confirmation is that the user makes their own account, logs in, but they have the “email confirmed” field as “no” on their user. So they would usually trigger the “Send email confirmation” action to prove they have access to the inbox of their email and set that field to “yes”.

If you’re making it for someone else and looking to send them a confirmation it kind of defeats the purpose (to me at least). Maybe what you’re actually looking for is to just send them a temporary password, then they need to log in and change it to their own?

Then in your app Settings-> General-> Redirect users whos haven’t changed their password, you can have it redirect them once they log in with their temp password and prompt them to change it.

1 Like

Yup, what Tyler said, and that’s where I was eventually going. The act of the user resetting their password (via a link sent to their email address) after an account has been created for them is confirmation that the email is legit.

1 Like
  1. My APP requires “Confirmed Email”, otherwise user is logged out for security reasons…
  2. It is a multi-Cia App, so master user creates users…

Mike, The WorkFlow does not send an email…

Finally, all other workflows work only if the user has already “confirmed email”…
So, as far as I understood, there is no possible to have a Multi Cia APP that requires “confirmed email”…

If you are saying the workflow does not send the email that would be sent via the Send confirmation email action, you are correct, and I never said it did. You might be able to play around with using that action to generate the token so you can send it via the Send email action, but I have never tried that before, so I’m not sure if that would do the trick.

Does not work… requires a confirmed email to work…

So, there is no way to create an “Account for Someone Else” and send an “Invitation Link”, if you requires confirmation email in you APP…

Maybe… If I creat a Page that does not requires… Let me try, I’ll tell you !

Only possible Solution…

1. Create 2 Fields
    Confirmed Email YN
    Confirmed Email Token

2. Create a Workflow that register a “Confirmed Email Yourself”…

3. Bubble does not have a way by this moment.

Just to leave a solution here !

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.