Custom State Based on Specific Day

Hi, is there any workaround on how to display the elements by using custom state based on spesific days regardless of any dates/weeks/months. Does anyone know how to solve this? Thanks.

Hi! You could try Current date time formatted as Custom and ddd for 3 letter day:

In more detail:

Create a workflow :

When page is loaded > Set XYZ element’s custom state to > Current date and time formatted as ddd

Set each element as not visible on pageload.

Create workflows as follows:

Do when a Condition is true : Only when XYZ Custom state is MON > Show element MONDAY group

etc

This would be my take on it.

If this is not what you were looking for then I may have misunderstood the question :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, sorry for not being spesific. Do we need to set date formatting for every weekday element with custom states? How do we format each button to its spesific day that corresponding to current date? Thanks for the detail approach though. I’ve been tinkering for several days to find any solutions but was stuck with date/time features. I will try to implement the workflow when I get back to my computer. Thank you. :pray:

It depends on what is is that you are trying to achieve. If you could give more details on how and what then it would be easier to figure out the workflow you need.

Hi, thanks for the workaround. It helps me to implement the custom state to show specific element for each weekday button selected.

One thing though, I haven’t managed to set any weekday button to specific day that corresponding to current date yet.

And I am lost here.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I’m sorry but I don’t think I understand your question. Do you want to show the bell above the weekday button for today’s day ?

I mean how do I set each weekday button as current/spesific day so that the group element will automatically change every day?

I’m not sure if I understand, however you could do something like this:

On page load > Set state of something > Current date and time formatted as ddd. This way you have a state that is always the current day of the week and you could go from here.

For example : If the previous set state is Mon > Show Mon Group etc

1 Like

Hi, I found this step solved the problem for today’s current day but the next group doesn’t automatically change the next day…

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.