Hello fellow Bubblers. A few months ago I launched Furious Five on iOS, intense 5-minute routines. Android peeps got left out. It was featured by Apple and got raving reviews. I didn’t know about Bubble back then so launching it on another platform remained a pipe dream until now!
We partnered with two of the top athletes from my native Guatemala to create the most effective workouts we could cram into 5 minutes. They’re really hard, but really effective.
As we like to say, it’s for those with little time but a lot of mettle.
The original iOS app took about 7 weeks to build. Our Bubble app took 4 days (and it’s arguably better!). Couldn’t be happier!
My plugin stack
- Air Keyboard Shortcut , so users can control the flow of the workout with the keyboard
- AddToAny Share Button so users can share routines
- IP Geo + Ipiphy to get a user’s country for when they post to the feed
- Convert Text to List of Words (by @zeroqode) one of my fav plugins. We used it to import and process JSON files with a pretty complex workflow from iOS.
- Mathjs to calculate a bunch of stuff
- Multi-File Uploader, to add routine covers to a all 120 routines at once (by matching filenames with routine id’s
- Toolbox, needed some JS to block the keyboard from scrolling the page (it’s used as a hotkey to start the workout)
- Air Copy To Clipboard so users can copy the routine’s URL to share it everywhere
Bubble made it better!
Due to Bubble’s flexibility, we added an anonymous social feed where you can post a comment after your workout.
We also added an exercise checklist so you can see which exercises are left.
For those who want to know how I built certain things, please ask away.
For those who love a good workout, I’m happy I can build something of value for you.