I recently launched this course on database design in Bubble. It was the result of several months of research, scripting, and recording, and I’m proud of how it turned out!
I know databases can be a confusing topic for many people so I tried to explain it from the basics up, and used lots of analogies and real-life examples to better illustrate the principles.
This course is aimed at anyone from complete beginners to advanced-intermediate Bubblers.
The course covers:
- Introduction to databases, how they work and how they’re structured
- Designing databases in Bubble - a simple way to think about designing a database from scratch, and how databases work in Bubble specifically
- Linking data - the pros and cons of each method of linking data types in Bubble, and which one you should use for each situation
- Performance - how database decisions affect performance in your app, and how to make sure your database performs well
- Option sets - what they are, when to use them, and when not to use them
- Real-life examples - we’ll apply everything we’ve learned so far by designing the databases for three popular apps
- External databases - should you consider using an external database like Xano or should you stick to Bubble’s own internal database?
I hope it will be useful for some of you. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch.