Database search "previous month"

Hi guys,

I would like to setup a work flow that searches my “completed” database for entries created in the previous month. For example, if the workflow is triggered in September, it looks for all data entries in my “completed” database that were created during the month of August. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps :slight_smile:

Hi there, @troydouglas… you could apply an advanced filter to your search that is something like…

This Thing’s Creation Date:extract month is Current date/time +(months): -1:extract month

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

3 Likes

hey @mikeloc , would this still only get the things created in the previous month, or would it get the things created in the previous month even if they were not created in the current year. For example if I wanted to search for things only created in June this year, with this expression would it search for things created in june this year, last year, etc?

Ug, some of my older replies.

Not only would I not use an advanced filter, but yeah, that expression would get things from previous years, and I’m sure the original poster didn’t want that.

Anyway, these constraints should do the trick.
Creation date >= Current date/time:rounded down to month +(months): -1
Creation date < Current date/time:rounded down to month

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for quick the reply. Time to update the expressions I did haha.

1 Like