Date range or Two separate dates?

Hello Bubble Pros :wave:

I am still in beginner to intermediate level of bubble
I don’t want to have any performance issues in future or any senior joining my project in future & tell me this is wrong :slightly_frowning_face:

Please help me :pray:

I’ve a database like this (Which stores event details)
Screenshot 2022-09-08 at 00.14.19

I am filtering database with an input value
I am able to do it in 2 ways

Or

Can anybody tell me which is the correct way of doing it ?
Should i remove start & end dates ?
or Date range ?

Thanks for your response :pray:

Hi there, @mdburhan3… I don’t think there is necessarily a correct way here, and this thread is probably worth checking out. For what it’s worth, I would likely go with two date fields (which is what the thread suggests) instead of a range.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Hi @mikeloc :wave:
Ok you are an expert i go with your answer…

1 Like

Well, you might still have someone join your project at some point and question why you didn’t use a date range. Them questioning it doesn’t make your decision wrong, though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mikeloc

Official Answer
After reading the thread which you linked
It clearly states that “Date range” have some sorting & filtering limitations
So i will show him that…

Unofficial Answer
Also I don’t see anybody more expert than you by looking at your profile :wink:

Once again thanks a lot for helping everybody in the forum :+1:

1 Like

Eh, don’t get too caught up in the profile. I might spend a ton of time out here, but I don’t even scratch the surface of what some of these folks know. I do appreciate the kind words, though, so thank you very much.

2 Likes

@mdburhan3 I agree with this
The first person who mostly solved my issues is @mikeloc

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words, too, @viquarahmed07… always happy to help where I can.

1 Like

Yeah, you can’t sort date ranges properly in vanilla bubble. But STORING start and end separately and sorting on one or the other will work. It’s a limitation (neither a bug nor feature). You can use Parallels to sort date ranges “properly”, but it’s a paid plugin, element plugin, etc, etc, with all of the caveats that go into that. Oh Bubble.

1 Like

Hi @keith :wave:

I will keep that in mind