Deleting image out of list in database

Hello,

I’ve seen few threads about it, yet nothing helps.
I’m trying to delete an image from the database. I’m trying to debug, so on the popup is displayed:

1. first yellow line - current cell’s file’s url
  2. second yellow line (and list below) - text representation of List of Images in database.

My attempts failed on both making changes to a thing and to a list of things. It just does nothing.

My goal is to delete a specific image from a list of images of a single record in database. Seems like a very easy task to do, but somehow it’s not that easy.

This is a workflow + warning about it

^ attempt to modify a thing, current cell’s file, its file name or file url - nothing happens.

I’ve searched for another topics with this problem and yet here I am.

Delete Image in List of Images - #5 by csblack here could be a solution, but somehow guy has ‘Current …’, while I have only ‘Current User’
And when I want to make changes to list of things - I get only a dropdown of my tables in response for Type of Things.

I think the problem is what I’m trying to minus - ‘current cell’s file’ - but can’t get what’s wrong. Its value is first highlighted in the popup, so it’s definitely THIS file, but bubble doesn’t like it :frowning:

Hi @mnezaikin.subs Just as stated in the link you shared, what you have to do is described in this image

I picked the image from the owner’s solution in the link you shared.

So what you have to do is “make changes to thing” and not list of things. Then the image field should be modified by removing the specific image you want to delete. Just follow the format of the image link that I added above.

I simply can’t do that, that’s the problem.

Maybe my setup is wrong, I don’t know.

Probable workaround - instead of putting all the images in one specific record in DB, create a specific table for the list of images.

Holy cow! There were no ‘Page Settings’ where I was looking. I just had to search for it & change the object itself (specifying the query, so it returns only one record) rather than the specific field of it. So in the end it looks just like that:

Great you found a workaround!

1 Like