Difficulty viewing data from 3 inputs in the repeater group

The result of formatted as text is a single text item. So to convert it to a list of texts you need to use , separator.
So something like this A1/B1/C1, A2/B2/C2 (single text item) will be converted into a list with 2 text items A1/B1/C1 and A2/B2/C2

Can you give me an explanation based on the data I have here?

I created the parameters vunit (unit value) = type number; description (part description) = text type; quanti (quantity) = number type; subtotal (multiplication between vunit and quanti) = number type

As I’m new to bubble, I still have a little difficulty with these more advanced questions, I’m very grateful for this support

Attached is my editor’s information

My tip was about dynamically adding rows with inputs to be filled.
Your case is a little bit easier cause (if I understood your first post in this thread correctly) you don’t want to add new rows with input elements, you only need to display temporary data in the RG.
First of all, let’s check if you would like to achieve something like this?
Screen Recording 2024-03-26 at 23.11.33-2

If yes, there is no need to overengineer things. You just need 1 custom state (list of texts). When “add” button is clicked - use :plus item to accumulate inputs values into a text instance (using Arbitrary text) and add it to the custom state:

Check out the images, follow their instructions. It’s showing like this on the RG. Is there anything I need to configure?

In this state, when I add new information to the RG, it also inserts the new information into the existing RG line

As you can see - you are just showing whole text instance in each cell of a row.
Instead, you need to apply split by(|||) to get a list of values. And for each cell define something like custom state:split by(|||):item #X, where X is 1 for unit, 2 for descritpion and so on.
Will show my screenshot later today, not at desktop now.

Great teacher, we did it!!!

The only thing that was missing was the multiplication that I actually saw that I couldn’t put similar to yours, I’ll try to fix that detail here.

1 Like

What option did you use to make the option to multiply available?

You need to use some number format (integer or decimal) for inputs where user is supposed to fill numbers:

My friend, I want to thank you for all your support, thank God and also you, I managed to get through this stage. May all your projects prosper greatly.

Can you tell me if I can place a text element below the table to pull the total value of all subtotal entries? Which is item4 in the arbitrary text.

I’m looking for that detail now.

1 Like

So we:

1. take item #4 from each text instance (result = single text)
  2. convert single text to a list of texts
  3. convert each text instance to a number
  4. apply :sum operator

“input_and_rg_to_show” Which input does it refer to?

input_and_rg_to_show = page name
values = custom state placed on page level

so, input_and_rg_to_show's values references the list of texts stored in the custom state

I want to thank you for all your support and for always taking the time to help me. I managed to complete this part of the budget. I’m moving on to the next challenges. If you have any questions, I will send them here in this conversation.

1 Like

Hello professor, owe me a debt: After the data is saved in the database, I want to place a repeater group where I display this information pulling from the database. I tried using the expression: text of current line :divided by (|||) #item, but it only displays the first line instead of all of each item. can you help me ?

Hello professor, owe me a debt: After the data is saved in the database, I want to place a repeater group where I display this information pulling from the database. I tried using the expression: text of current line :divided by (|||) #item, but it only displays the first line instead of all of each item. can you help me ?

How do you save temporary data collected into a custom state in the DB?