Display group on page when item in reusable element is clicked

I built a side menu as a reusable element. I added that reusable element to page A. I have a group on Page A that I want to display when an item in the reusable element is clicked. So, two questions:

1. Is this possible or am I better off building the menu individually into each page?

2. If so, can I convert my existing reusable element into a regular element to avoid rebuilding it?

Thanks,

Hey @adam.steht :slight_smile: If you’d like to keep the sidebar as a reusable element, you can create a custom state on the reusable element. Then create “Do When Condition is True” events on the pages which show elements based off of the custom state(s) values.

If you only have a few of those cases where a Group is shown on a page based off of clicking something in the sidebar, I think it might be easier in the long-run to keep it as a reusable element since the custom state won’t be that tricky to manage. However, if there are a lot of different workflows where you’d need to create many different custom states, it might just be easier to use “Copy with workflows” on the sidebar and paste it into each page where it’s used.

If you’d like to try the custom states route, feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help set this up. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.