Displaying and organising app data

Hi Everyone,

Having some trouble figuring out how to organise and display data, hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I need to display ‘trips’ in a repeating group. In this RG, I only want to display trips that users have added to their profile, as I also want to display the users profile image and name.

Note that the trips have already been created in the database manually by me, and I want to display this data on separate pages within my app.

What I was going to do was to create another data type, called User Trips so that the data in the RG is specific to each user.

My questions are 1) is this the most efficient / logical way to organise and display the data and 2) How do I pull the data from the data type ‘trip’ to be added to the other data type ‘user trip’ (instead of the user having to input all the same data).

If anyone can point me in the direction of some specific training material on this I would be grateful!

Thanks,
Rachel

If you search for ‘database design’ in the forum a few people have posted links to resources they found useful. It is the foundation of any good app so worth investing some time in understanding it before diving in.

As to your questions, based on my understanding of what you are doing,

1. Yes
  2. You need a field in User Trip that is of type Trip and that will automatically connect the two data tables as long as the app or user select the trip from a dropdown or repeating group and you save it to the data table.

If you search the forum for ‘database design’ a few people have posted resources they found useful.

Thanks Patricia, this helped me figure it out!

1 Like