Does Bubble allow you to build the possibility to impresonate a user

Similar to how on LinkedIn or Facebook you can do “view as” so you can see the page as a view as the public would.

But if I’m an Admin and I want to view the page as one of my internal staff does Bubble allow you to do that. :thinking:

If so, what would be the best way to ago about it?

Hi there, @jayyoms… Bubble has a built-in “run as” feature that enables you to run/view an app as any user in the database.

Is that what you are looking for?

Best…
Mike

Edit: after reading your post again, I realized you might be talking about building a feature in your app that allows a user who is marked as an Admin to do exactly what the built-in “run as” feature does but to do it from within your app. If that is the case, I don’t know how to do it (or if it’s even possible), but maybe someone else does.

1 Like

What you can do is add a User Profile to a User, and allow them to view the app as that User. You can achieve this easily by setting the page data to User.

That way, you can show anything related to the Current User’s User Profile.

2 Likes

Ah, I was interpreting being able to see another user’s data vs. literally impersonating them in the app as two different things, but I’m guessing what you have proposed, @nocodeventure, is likely to fit the bill here.

1 Like

Yes, just make sure you allow a User with the same User Profile to view a User’s settings using privacy rules.

2 Likes