[early access] Help us test Bubble’s editor performance improvements

Just wanted to second this! This test is completely optional :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I know is completely optional. But WOW - lightning fast. Congrats.

It seems the editor is faster than the runtime apps.

3 Likes

Just a quick test on one of my app with +100 pages/RE and it’s really convincing! Load time felt like x3 time faster.
And no issue sor far or maybe just a minor bug with the page/RE folder dropdown (see screenshot below). But don’t know if it’s related to this update.
Thank you for this big improvement :blush:

2 Likes

I just tried this out and was unprepared for the performance boost! The speed feels really great, dare I say like a local app? Great work team Bubble!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the comments so far!

Reminder: the team wants to hear your feedback and first impressions

So it would be great if you could add details, screenshots/video or anything else that can help the team learn about how this feature performs. Thank all :smiley:

2 Likes

There is something wrong with this update.

It appears bubble has rolled it out as optional and given us some warning rather than push it out with bugs to let us find out that something has gone awry.

Does this mean that it won’t have to be rolled back a few times to make sure the platform stays stable.

I’m not used to this kind of paradigm shift :heart::joy::partying_face:

5 Likes

Well seeing all the comments , it seems bubble has shifted ‘‘mandatory-app breaking’’ to ‘‘optional-flawless’’ couple and this change is big too. Congrats to the whole team who have worked on this .

great update

Indeed super fast!

Seeming bug: I experience problems trying to edit expressions in the Constraint flyout for the filtered operator in a value for a parameter in a workflow action that calls a custom workflow. For example, the expression freezes when another flyout (e.g., for split by) should be triggered.

When I remove the newautorun parameter, I’m able to successfully edit the exact same expressions in the exact same workflow actions.

1 Like

Thanks @jennifer.javier

This looks like an important update. I am keen to try it out. However, I ran into this.

This is a usual screen for me in Bubble editor. I get at least 20 times in a day. I think it is because editor consumes a lot of memory. Do I expect it in newer version too?

Can you advise on what system requirements does this have?

Btw, I did manage to run the editor afterwards with refreshing etc. And the editor now is really really fast! Good job at that. It would be great if we could also know if this would require us to upgrade our systems as noted by some.

Can you please advise what kind of bugs can we anticipate and what kind of bugs we can be sure won’t be there? e.g. If there is a possibility of bugs that I make some changes in the editor/data etc won’t get saved, then I would rather not use this version until it stabilises. But if the bugs that we can anticipate are the kinds that when we are trying to add an element in the canvas and that element type may not show in search in editor and may require a refresh, I am okay to live with those bugs.

Tested it! Works like a charm.

Strangely the editor has been slow for me since turning on this feature earlier today.

The tab is using 1GB of memory though that has always been the case.

Not going to take the time to submit a bug reort as nothing is broken for me, just comparatively slower than before turning this feature on today.

Hoping this will be ironed out when the feature is made generally available.

I’m on a Macbook Pro M2 16gb Ram and 512HD and I don’t see any speed improvement. I might even edge towards it being slower.

Browser : Arc

Great update indeed, much faster!

I’d love to know if there is any pattern to the fast and slowness.

Would anyone/everyone care to post their machine specs ands browser

Tried out the page shift. It’s really fast now.

Will update if I get any errors while building on this one

1 Like

I just tried it on my heaviest app… with the old system it also took 7/8 seconds to switch from editor to worflows for example… now in less than a second he can make the same step!

Wow guys, better and better! :heart_eyes:

At the moment I have not noticed any bugs, but if I have to do so I will report them! Great guys!

on first try this loads super fast, thanks for thinking of bubble developers!

It’s nice and works very fast. Now i’m waiting for a really long time a new UI editor like Webflow or Flutterflow. It will be awesome and you can really attract new users to Bubble with a clean and modern editor. I guarantee you