Embedding a Power Bi dashboard into Bubble?

I am looking into Bubble.io for a potential solution to a frontend redesign for the company I work for. Part of our redesign is implementing data visualization through Power Bi dashboards. Embedding a dashboard through an iFrame should be a simple task, as far as I know, all you have to do is enable the rendering of iFrames. The problem that I am running into is that the report will not display without the user logging into Power Bi, then Bubble does not provide the sign-in link that accompanies the iFrame usually. Have any of you run into this problem? How did you go about solving it?

Another potential solution I am considering, just didn’t know if it was possible is using the Power Bi Javascript API to embed reports, authenticating using a Power Bi master user, the Javascript API then uses an iFrame to render the report(s). Any idea how to do this through Bubble potentially?

In summary, I am trying to find a solution to embedding Power Bi reports into my Bubble app. I only need to visualize them, all of the data transformation/what not is handled else where.

5 Likes

Hi Sam,

Did you find a turnaround to the problem with the login? Having the same problem right now…

@sam.wirthlin, couple of questions:

1. Are you using Power BI reports created by a Power BI Pro user, or are you using a “premium” solution like Power BI Premium or Power BI Embedded?
  2. Are the users of your Bubble app internal users in your organization’s tenant, or are they external users that you want to show a PBI report?

The reason I ask is the answer to these questions may have a bearing on the authentication issue.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.