šŸ“ Fastest Google Places Autocomplete - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hi Mile
weā€™ll check this out
thanks

1 Like

Hi @mikescullion

This is how it works, the thing is when you select a result with a mouse pointer it will fill the input however Bubble will not trigger the event ā€œInput value changedā€, thatā€™s why it is recommended to save the result from state ā€œFull Addressā€ value which the plugin has.
It will be the same value of the input.
Try this out! Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

@levon

Hey guys, for the life of me I can not get reviews to pull and the name function is pulling address

I attached a video below.

I see the plugin works on your preview so I have no idea why Iā€™m getting partial data.

Google dev: API enabled, domain verified, restrictions added, currently within all limits.

https://streamable.com/zq8t3o

However I tried using Airdevs plugin as well and had similar issues, so itā€™s possible itā€™s on our side but Iā€™m multiple hours into attempting to find the issue so figured Iā€™d at least check with you guys.

Hi @chris.williamson1996,

Thanks for reaching out. Let us check on this use case and weā€™ll get back to you with a reply asap.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi @chris.williamson1996, unfortunately this issue is not reproducing on our side indeed. To try and solve it, please make sure that the plugin has been configured properly, first. You can check the instructions here https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/fastest-google-places-autocomplete. If all good, then based on provided video the issue seems to be in this step:

And here is the step to showcase that is different to our demo app on how things should work:

The same thing could apply also to the Get Place Details GoogleAutocomplete A action for the Place ID field but choosing the appropriate variable. For more information, please check the editor for our demo app zeroqode-demo-13 | Bubble Editor to preview all settings and see how things work.

Thanks!

1 Like

Iā€™m getting the error ā€œGOOGLE MAPS API NOT FOUND ON THE PAGE!ā€. Iā€™ve looked at the documentation and I donā€™t have an option to Map element present on page? as the documentation states.

Hi, @tona!

Thanks for reaching out!

You may get this error because the Google API Keys are not set.
According to the documentation, the prerequisites of starting using the plugin is a necessity to set the Google API Keys. You can get this Keys in the google cloud. After you get the Keys go to app, tab Settings - > General and place the Keys.

The plugin element you can find in the left-hand sidebar in the editor and place it on the page.

And here is a Map element which can be found upper in the same sidebar menu.

Hope this helps!
Best,
Zeroqode Team

The google apis were always set and itā€™s still having an issue. I donā€™t actually want a map on the page. Iā€™m just referring to the documentation not being accurate, because thatā€™s where I went to troubleshoot the issue to see if my setup was incorrect. Could you please update the documentation, or explain how to set it up.

Hey, @tona!

Currently, the docs contain info about how the plugin element should be set up, its events/actions and fields. Could you please specify what exactly is not accurate in the docs so we can understand better what needs to be changed?
If you are referring to Setting up Google Api Keys, then please follow this link for detailed guidance.

Best,
Zeroqode Team

I have properly setup the google api keys before purchasing the plugin. I was using bubbleā€™s searchbox with geographic places before purchasing yours, because yours returns more details.

1. Which API Key goes where? is the API KEY-dev, the map api or the geocode api? I assumed the API KEY is the map api, since API KEY-dev is optional.

2. This field is not in the plugin element, Iā€™ve gone through every version and none have this field in it. It doesnā€™t matter that this field is not in the plugin element, it just makes it confusing when youā€™re trying to troubleshoot and the first field on the documentation is missing from yours.

3. It doesnā€™t seem to work, unless there is a map on the page or a bubble searchbox on the page set to geographic places. Iā€™d rather not have either.

Can I send pm you a link to view the app?

Hey, @tona!

These Api Keys you are getting from the Google Could console. So, first of all, register a Google Cloud console account. Then create a Project and in the Credentials section get an API Key. See screenshot as a sample.

The created Api Key, indicate in both fields. After setting the Api Keys, please give it another try.

Apologies for the inconvenience :pray: It seems like the docs are outdated a bit. We will update them asap.

Can you, please clarify here what are you trying to accomplish with this plugin to help you better?

If the steps mentioned above donā€™t help, you can add our support@zeroqode.com account into your collaboration list in Settings ā†’ Collaboration so we could check the issue inside your application. Plus, please tell us the name of your Bubble application and page name where you develop it, it would be way easier for us to help you solve the issues.

Note: Donā€™t pay attention to the alert message regarding Professional Plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add as to your collaboratorā€™s list.

Best,
Zeroqode Team

Iā€™m not sure what is causing a communication breakdown exactly, but Iā€™ll restate.
The API KEYS are not the problem because I was using bubbleā€™s searchbox with the api keys, before I purchased your plugin.
From my last message, I stated that I can get it to work with a map present on the page or a bubble searchbox set to geographic places.

If this is the only way to get it to work, please update the documentation, because itā€™s not working otherwise. I donā€™t know if it has something to do with a hobby plan. Iā€™d rather not have to put a searchbox on the page. I inspected the pageā€™s head and these are missing when bubbleā€™s searchbox is not present. I blacked out the API-KEY, but the key itā€™s using is not from the plugin. (I created a new key to test) Hence, if I donā€™t set API KEYS in bubbleā€™s general tab, the plugin wonā€™t work, and if thereā€™s not a bubble map or searchbox, it wonā€™t add the google maps api to the head. Can you guys fix that, or will I have to keep doing what Iā€™m doing?

Hi, @tona!

Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation. I suppose I finally got all the things you were trying to explain. :sweat_smile:

First of all, we are already working on the documentation update, to make it more understandable and useful for our users.

Second of all, the plugin operation question. The Google Places Autocomplete plugin implies to work with a searchbox (with the Geographical Places searches style dropdown) on a page OR with a Map element + Input element on a page.
Now let me please provide you an example of how does the plugin should be used.

The first option:

1. Add an input element on a page and give it an ID https://prnt.sc/uw5sc5
  2. Add a Google Autocomplete element on the same page and fill in the Input ID field in the elementā€™s settings https://prnt.sc/uw5stk
  3. Add a Map element on the same page and set the Marker Adress- Google_placeā€™s location https://prnt.sc/uw5wpc

Just in case, here is an Editor of the Live Demo page link, where you can explore how the settings are set:

The second option:

1. Add a searchbox element on a page, set the Choices Style - Geografic Places and a give it an ID https://prnt.sc/uw5zt2 https://prnt.sc/uw60sc
  2. Add a Google Autocomplete element on the same page and fill in the Input ID field with ID create in point 1 https://prnt.sc/uw670i

Prerequisites: Google Map API and Google Geocode API keys should be set in Settings > General tab > General services API keys, to you use the plugin with a Map element in the Bubble application - https://prnt.sc/uw6ai5 . Besides, the API keys must be also set in the plugin settings, which were generated in the Google Cloud console https://prnt.sc/uw6a66.

I hope this answer was useful and helped you understand better the correct plugin setup. Once again, thank you very much for your patience and sorry for the misunderstanding. :pray:

We will get back to you with regards to notify about the docs updating as soon as possible.

Best,
Zeroqode Team

I appreciate the responses. I didnā€™t get the implication that it needed a map element because of the first field in the documentation. I hope this helps anyone else looking to purchase this and use it in a similar scenario.

Just to let you know, the way it currently works, putting API KEYs in your plugin are not necessary(I tested it). So long as you have them in your bubble general settings and still have the searchbox or map element on the page, it works (which makes sense, because Bubble and not your plugin loads the googlemaps script). The plugin wonā€™t work, if you donā€™t put API KEYs in bubbleā€™s general settings and put it the API KEYs in the plugin. It doesnā€™t matter to me, so long as I have a solution, but thought youā€™d want to know if thatā€™s not your intended result.

Hey, @tona !

Once again appreciate your insights and attention to details. Weā€™re working on documentation improvement so everything will be clear and understandable. Additionally, weā€™ll test the plugin to make sure it is working under the correct scenario, and will reflect the correct settings accordingly in the documentation. Apologies for the inconvenience! :pray:

Best,
Zeroqode Team

Hi, @tona!

Hello, thanks for your patience. :pray:
We have finished the plugin investigation process and here are the details:

1. the plugin works only with the Input element (search box is not intended);
  2. the plugin works only when thereā€™s a map element on the page (the standard one);
  3. setting plugin API keys is optional - once you set up keys, the data will synchronize with your Google Account, but itā€™s not obliged.

We have updated the plugin documentation accordingly. Plus, to as per the fact plugin works only when the map is placed on the page, we have scheduled the plugin improvement (to make it work without the map) on the future plugin update. But, unfortunately, we can not provide you with the exact time estimates when it will be ready.

Once again thanks for your feedback and thanks for helping us to become better :pray:

Best,
Zeroqode Team

Hello @ZeroqodeSupport
I found a bug. When the element is inside a popup, the popup canā€™t be loaded. Sending you details in PM.

Hi @nicolas_dap. Thanks for reaching out.

Let us please check the issue youā€™ve reported. Iā€™ll get back to you shortly.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

@nicolas_dap,

For the correct plugin work, you should use the plugin element+input field+map element.

Your popup does not have a map element, connected with the plugin - this is the reason for the bug youā€™ve found.

Example:
https://www.loom.com/share/bb3ddd942ea84b78aae3e604a548dada

Please try to add a map element to your popup and check if it helped.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team

Thanks for the reply. There is already a map element on the page to get G Maps Library :

as said in your doc :

Note: The plugin requires the Bubbleā€™s map element on the page in order to return values.

Iā€™ve already tried to add the Map inside the popup, but it does not work neither :

So Iā€™m still blocked.