šŸ—“ [FREE Plugin] Air Date/Time Picker

Hello!
When I change the highlight color, it doesnā€™t change in the time picker and still stays at the default blue value.

Any idea?!
Thanks!

Seems like the plugin stopped rendering properly. This is what is showing:

1 Like

There is an issue with a lot of plugins thatā€™s been caused by bubble not loading plugin files.
See this post

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve just read that

Nice, Thanks for this

@seanhoots Any news on an update that would fix the issue of the value list not populating at all when the picker contains multiple dates? All 2.9.0+ versions are affected by the bug.

Hereā€™s what Iā€™m trying to get as the end result. Thereā€™s a list of dates that I store in the database that I prepopulate the picker with. Using the picker, the user can add new dates or toggle off the existing ones. Finally, the user can click a button which should then fetch the value list from the picker and save it back to the database, overwriting the original list of dates. (FWIW, Iā€™d tried setting up auto-binding first, but I couldnā€™t get it to work ā€” likely because of the same bug ā€” so I opted for the aforementioned approach with the button.)

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Iā€™ve fixed value list bug and will likely release the new version today or tomorrow. Need to fix some other bugs so I release all of them together.

1 Like

Thanks a ton, youā€™re the man! :+1:t2:

Also, since you donā€™t charge anything for the plugin and I find the picker immensely useful, is there a place where I can donate some money as a humble ā€˜thank youā€™ for developing and maintaining it?

3 Likes

Hi @chaostorm,

3 Likes

@JohnMark Thanks, Iā€™ve just bought 12 :coffee:s for @seanhoots. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

hi !
This plugin is exactly what I need.
I have difficulties to do only one more thing and need help :

I am trying to disable some dates to be picked.
My app allow users to create events. Iā€™d like to block dates, when the number of events for a date is > or = to 3.

I think I have to use the ā€œblock datesā€ field, but donā€™t know how, as it should be complete with a list of dates.
What I am trying to set is something like :
Do search for events, and if the number of events on these date is >= to 3, block these dates.

I tried different ways but cant find the right way.
Any ideas ?

Thank you

PSA: new version of the plugin with the value list bug fixed plus support for the inline layout with multiple values is out now!

@seanhoots - thank you so much, you made my day! :partying_face: Canā€™t wait to continue building tonight!

@seanhoots Awesome Plugin.
I know you said to use the Air date/dropper for a better UI for users when on mobile. However, The Air date/time picker records an actual date whereas the date/dropper records a text valueā€¦correct me if Iā€™m wrong. My app, when saving a userā€™s availability, will work well with the air date/time picker aside from the UI, and currently I canā€™t use the date/dropper to store a date value to the DB. Would you have a workaround for this, please?

So the block dates feature is great, but is there a way to have an opposite functionality such as available dates only. For example, I want to be able to throw a list of dates into the plugin, and it block ALL dates EXCEPT the list of dates I feed it. This is part of an availability calendar I am trying to produce. Any ideas?

1 Like

Hi,

With the last version (3.2.0), I have an error with the plugin. The problem doesnā€™t appear with previous versions.

Does anyone know how to fix it ?

Thanks,

Baptiste

@seanhoots,

Iā€™ve uncovered a bug with Air Date/time Picker.

Iā€™m using a Group Focus element to allow the user to enter supplemental information and adjust start and end time when completing a task.

(The image doesnā€™t show the complete view of when Air Date/time Picker is open because Air Date/Time Picker faded out when I opened the image snipping tool.)

The problem is that when I change the time, Air Date/time Picker closes and at the same time closes the Group Focus element. This is not the correct behavior since the user may have other changes to make before closing the Group Focus.

By contrast, the standard date/time picker works as it should.

Whatever action I perform in the date/time picker, it closes, returns the proper value and leaves the Group Focus element open as it should.

@seanhoots, I wanted to bring something to your attention. I am using the date picker with the intent of having users pick dates in a preferred order. But the ā€œvalue listā€ created by the picker was returning the dates not in the order selected, but in what seemed like a random order. Hereā€™s a video:

Air Date/Time Picker Multi-Date Selection Order ā€” Watch Video

However, after studying the behavior more closely, Iā€™ve realized that the order is not random. Instead, it always lists dates in the following (strange) day of week order:

1. Friday
  2. Monday
  3. Saturday
  4. Sunday
  5. Thursday
  6. Tuesday
  7. Wednesday

(If there are two of any day of week, it lists them the chronologically first date first. For example, Monday Oct 7th gets listed before before Monday Oct 14th regardless of which one was picked first.)

Hereā€™s a screenshot; these dates were selected chronologically from the 3rd through the 16th. As you can see, the two Fridays come first, then the two Mondays, etc.:

Iā€™ll try to find some way to work around it with input change events and custom states, but thought it was worth mentioning.

1 Like

^ And only now do I realize that those days of week are in alphabetical order: F M Sa Su Th Tu W ā€¦ so not random, but still strange!

Hi, is the value list and the ok button working well for the inline mode please?

Looking forward this feature or being able to specify a condition like
This current date extract date is 1 is ā€œyesā€ then it will show all first day of month as available :slight_smile:

Kudos for the awesome plugin.

1 Like