Generate a unique 6 digit number

We out here

Permutations vs combinations an oversight on my part.

2 Likes

Yes, that has also been mentioned here, but I’ve been using it for ages. It’s handy for various front end purposes.

Note also that Do every… can be used as well. (Folks seem to overlook the fact that the interval can be sub-second.)

Of course, one must be very cautious of what’s being done in each iteration of the loop, as it’s possible to gridlock the UI and/or reach a request rate limit .

1 Like

Yes, that has also been mentioned here , but I’ve been using it for ages. It’s handy for various front end purposes.

Absolutley…

Sure, but you can’t control when that starts or stops in the same way you can with looping Custom Events.

Of course, one must be very cautious of what’s being done in each iteration of the loop, as it’s possible to gridlock the UI and/or reach a request rate limit .

For sure… for example, if you’re try to use this to write to the database you’re likely to either timeout or get some very slow results… but for on-page stuff it can be useful.

1 Like

Of course it’s not “in the same way” because it’s a different construct; but one can most certainly control when it starts and stops (such as with a condition on the Do every… workflow itself).

In fact, during some benchmarking a while back, I found that for some use cases, the Do every… approach is actually simpler, cleaner, and just as performant.

I look forward to sharing some real-world applications of these techniques. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.