Google play purchasing information

I am in the process of submitting something to the google store. Google is asking me to set up pricing? Um I already have stripe set-up to my bubble app directly. Sooooo how do we handle this? What price do we put in Google play? Do we add the price in stripe to the one in google play? My head hurts. Please help.

Your app is likely to get rejected if you’re trying to use a non-Google form of payment. The Google Play store has its own approach to monetization that ensures Google gets a cut of every transaction. Using Stripe would bypass that, so I can’t imagine they’ll approve the app.

Well when you set up your payment information why is stripe an option in the first place? If it will only get rejected

Because Bubble is not made for building mobile apps, it’s made for building web applications.

Im sure there are ways to ensure users pay for a subscription to your platform if it can be used from a browser/mobile/desktop as well and your mobile app is an addition or extension of the offering.

Google`s statement:
Developers offering products within another category of app downloaded on Google Play must use Google Play In-app Billing as the method of payment, except for the following cases:
Payment is solely for physical products
Payment is for digital content that may be consumed outside of the app itself (e.g. songs that can be played on other music players)

The easiest way around this, from my experience, is to NOT let mobile users pay for it, and instead reference them to an external website where they sign up for the subscription. Then, in the mobile app, you just have the users sign in using their credentials. It’s not ideal, but I know it works.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your input on this topic!

I’m in a similar position (and the integration of Google and Apple subscriptions, with webhooks, APIs etc makes my no-code brain hurt). But will Apple and Google allow the app to be published if only has a ‘Login’ screen and refers the user to your website to subscribe?

Thanks!

Netflix does this, so if they use it, I think you can too

1 Like

Thanks so much Klaas, will give it a go :slight_smile: