Has Bubble's pricing changed?

Hello;
I created a bug report but I still have to respond quickly to my client and I thought anyone with the knowledge could share it here.

Has pricing changed?

When I check it from my own computer, I still see the known prices. Personal plan 29 / month. My client, whose application I just transferred, says that Bubble wants $ 59 / month in a personal plan.

It’s still $ 29 in Opera and Chrome, I was able to take screenshots with explorer and my client seems right. Can you please give information about the situation?

@emmanuel @eve

Has anyone noticed such a thing?

Best,
Eren

Holy moly I hope not…

2 Likes

This is what I see, if memory serves correctly it looks like the production plan is a bit more expensive?

Explorer

1 Like

All right, the quick answer came. The team reported that it will fix it for my client. Still, and I hope they don’t go for a price increase of this magnitude.

1 Like

Yeah thats a strange one - my side it seems okay:

2 Likes

Agreed… the price jump was huge

1 Like

Oh my, that scared me a bit :joy:
It’s likely they’re doing some sort of new user testing to see how new visitors convert at that price point.
I opened the pricing page with my browser in anonymous window (not logged in) and I see the $59 too.
For curiosity, I created an app and went to the change plan tab, there it was, new price for new users:

Don’t panic everyone :joy: let’s wait for an announcement confirming a new price.
It’s likely they’re just testing now before confirming anything, so not even they know how much it will be for now.

It’s likely we, existing users, will be able to create apps in the old prices as usual.
However, I’d like to suggest everyone to plan around price increases for new users every year or every 2 years, at least a price adjustment.
I don’t think it’s a good idea to think Bubble will keep the same price forever.

2 Likes

Lets hope its not the case though - seems a bit extreme literally doubling the price of all a sudden.

1 Like

I absolutely agree. Such a high price increase will affect most of us business negatively.

1 Like

I have a membership site which charges $29.99/month. For 10 years we have not increased our pricing at all (I know, crazy). Anyway, we are finally going to do it and we were analyzing $39.99 which we feel is fair considering everything and overhead changes over the years.

However, if we were going to make a jump to $59.99, the blow back from our user base would be huge. I guess it just depends on what the service is and what people are using it for.

For me, I love Bubble and what it provides me as a programmer and app developer so I consider it a valuable asset worth paying for.

2 Likes