Having problems with POST method - API Connector

Hello, I was trying to build an simple CMS system using bubble as my front end and Google Apps Script as my backend but it seems there’s a bug with the Bubble API Connector that is not allowing me to make it work. I can’t make the POST method work properly for me (GET is working fine), even though my Apps Script code is right (I’ve tested it with postman).

First what’s working:
As you can see in the next photos the GET method is working as expected (my code simply returns a mockup json).

What’s no working
I tried many variatations of the POST call but they all end up giving me the following error:

This is my api call on bubble:
(I tried using different headers such as Content-Type: application/json and all but it made no diference)

Just to make sure that the problem was not with my code I copied and pasted the same function on both GET and POST. For those familiar with Google Apps Script, here’s my code:

And here’s the same call working just fine with Postman: (as I said I tried using and not using some headers but it didn’t make much diference).

Can anyone help me with this? Is there something I should be doing differently?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello,

Can you share that link of the request, please?

did you solve it? im trying to do exactly what your doing, a post call to an app script, Im getting the same problem, and its working fine in postman.

Im also doing a get call (to app script as well) and that one works fine in bubble… I was thinking of just renaming the function to doGet in app script… maybe it has something to do with how bubble manages the call…

EDIT!!!
to anybody having the same issue, I solved it by renaming the app script function to doGet, it seems app script interprets all bubble calls as GET…

I haven’t tried to do it since. I was just testing and after I couldn’t make it work went on to work on something else.

Glad you made it work with doGet, but ypur probably not gonna be able to use a body in your request beacause of it.

If you run up to similar problems maybe you can try something like: https://sheetson.com/ I have never tested it but it could solve your problem.