Header in RG not showing without data in RG

Hello there!

I currently have two groups inside a repeating group. One is on top of the other group, which acts as the header, while the other group is for the content. I can’t seem to have the header group stick, even if the content has no data yet. Any solution to the issue?

Hey @janernestgo :wave:

The header would have to be outside of the repeating group for it to show if there was no data. Does that make sense?

Yes, I tried that approach before. I just saw in one of the articles online, I think it was in bubble facebook group. The post owner claimed to have done this approach, but did not elaborate on the how the header was made to stick even without data in the RG.

If there’s no data in the RG then the RG won’t be visible (there’s nothign for it to show)…

So, you need to either put the header outside of the RG…

Or…

Make sure the RG has some data in it (you could create a dummy data entry specifically for this purpose), or use a different content type for the RG (such as number) depending on your use case…

1 Like

Thanks Adam! So as what that other person claimed, it is not technically possible to stick the header without data, especially if both of them are inside the RG.

Like @adamhholmes said, you can put data into it.

It’s a more advanced method though. For example, you can use a list of numbers. Just as one example.

I can try to find the example for you.

1 Like

An RG is for displaying lists of data, and therefore MUST have data to display - if it has no valid data it simply won’t display anything.

1 Like

I understand. Thanks Adam!

There are many ways to do this, here is just one example:

Editor: 805testapp42 | Bubble Editor

Preview: https://805testapp42.bubbleapps.io/version-test/rg_headers?debug_mode=true

2 Likes