Help qr code generator

HI all, Im using colour qr code generator because it’s free. i don’t mind paying for a better qr generator if it solves my problem.

After generating the qr code, in the users admin page. I can’t understand why it disappears when the page is refreshed. this happens even if you leave the page and then re-visit it.
I am hoping to have a user generate a qr code in their admin page . but have it displayed on a promotions page. when it’s scanned it shows the promotion in the way of text.

but because it isn’t saving the QR image or if it is I don’t know where? I have nothing to reference it from?? any help or some help please, thank you.

Hey :wave: @b.goldsworthy01,

I hope I will be able to help you later this week. I am trying to see if I can help in-between sessions for you. I use the QR code plugin a lot and it works really well.

You just need to save it to your database. If you are displaying it, that means you can save it too. Just add a workflow to save the data from the previous step into your database somewhere in the next step. You should be able to see a “Result from step…” in the step following the creation of the QR code. That way you can save the image.

I hope to have more time so I can do an example for you. Maybe in a few days when I get a bit more time. :blush: Don’t give up! You are almost there! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thank you for your time j805, I must be doing something wrong here, I have attached the current workflows I am running at the moment. Maybe you can correct me or spot the issue, I am still experiencing the same problem.
I generate the code but upon refresh it will no longer be visible causing me to have to re-generate the same qr code. even if it is saving this will cause confusion among members. I need it to stay there until the qr is updated by generating a new code with a new promotion attached to it. this will simply replace the old code.

Hey @b.goldsworthy01 :wave:

If my memory is correct, I think there is another workflow that says something like, when a QR code image is saved. Not a step, but a workflow. Can you try clicking on add another workflow and see if there is an option that says something like, ‘When a QR code image was created’ or something like that?

I don’t think you can save it from within the same workflow because it takes a few seconds for it to generate. Your saving to the current user is probably blank right? I can try to take a screenshot for you in a few hours, but I think there is a separate workflow that you need to do the saving to your database in.

Will try to post a screenshot for you soon.

1 Like

@b.goldsworthy01 Here it is, so click ‘Click here to add an event’ to add another workflow called ‘ColourQRCode A is saved’ then save the QR code in this workflow.

3 Likes

Thank you so so much @j805 it worked like a charm.

1 Like

Glad it helped! :blush: QR Codes are pretty fun to work with. There’s a lot you can do with them.

yeah so I have herd, im new to using qr codes. I realise there are two types of qr codes, dynamic and static. From my research I would like to use dynamic codes.
Are these codes dynamic? and if so how do I track and store the data from each qr scanned? such as the location of the ‘scan’ , the number of ‘scans’ , what time the ‘scans’ took place, as well as the operating system of the device used.
Is this possible using bubble.io. This information would be emailed to each member as a breakdown for the previous months usage. I feel it is crucial to provide the user with this detailed information as each business is charged per each scan that takes place. Also
Is it possible to have a live qr counter inside there admin? which updates each time the page is refreshed? curious.
Thank you for your insights @J805 And I apologize if i’m taking up to much of your time.

You can definitely do dynamic data with QR Codes. It will be difficult to explain all of this in a post but I will do my best. I might have some time this week in between sessions to help explain some of this for you.

But yes, all of that should be possible in Bubble. :+1:

Talk soon. :blush:

By the way, if you need faster help, don’t hesitate to book a session and we can get you going a lot faster. Otherwise, just need some patience as I help when I get some time. :relaxed:

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
1 Like

I will wait for you @j805 I’m not in a rush.

I may use your paid services on another job I have later down the track, its just I dont have a budget for this particular task, I am putting this web app together for free to help a family friend with their idea well I have some down time. Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

Let me see if I can get you started on this:

Here is how you could set up your database. We might add more to it later, but this is a good start.

Add another field in the database called qrCode this will be an image type.

1 Like

Step 2 - Make sure that the user has a business attached to them when they sign up. I just created a random name and attached it to the business for testing purposes.

This way, when the business creates a QR code, you can attach the QR code link to the business and user.

Step 3 - Set the business’s slug:

Step 4 - Generate QR Code

Step 5 - Save the QR Code to the Business

Step 6 - Display the QR Code to be scanned by the user

Step 7 - Go to the new page that it takes you to (I called mine qr)

Step 8 - Display results, here is how you would show your business their details of all the scans. Or you can email some results.

Editor: Test805421 | Bubble Editor

Preview: https://test805421.bubbleapps.io/version-test/qr_code_1?debug_mode=true

1 Like

done but I can’t understand why its all done before sign up. I need all the info attached to the qr code after sign up. which is created inside the users account which is the business. the business/user already has a slug attached to them. So would I attach all above info to the qr generated inside the admin page? and add all the data to the user inside my database? I imagine step 8 is what i’m after. already a user/business can log in and create the qr code wich is displayed on a promotions page by way of that user/business slug. or do I still need to follow all the above steps to achieve this. and thank you so much for your detailed information.

The qr scan code isn’t to take a user to the business web page. Its used for promotions so the qr code may be change at will by the user/business and that could be daily, weekly etc. hence needing to have the detailed information stored for that user/business, so they can keep track of how it’s being used.

Another important bit of information I need to show is how many times the code has been scanned? that is actually the most important thing to track. The user/business is paying per scan that takes place.

if you would like to look at the web app for reference please just ask. I have learned a lot off you so far to do with QR codes. I appreciate your time and help.

1 Like

Yeah. Of course! Mine was just an example. You can put it where ever you would like. :blush: I just made mine as simple as possible.

Good job! Glad you got it working. Now you just need to adapt it to your needs. :+1:

Hope that helps! :blush:

@j805 www.NoCodeMinute.com

For All Your No-Code Education Needs:

• One-on-One Tutoring
  • eLearning Hub
  • Video Tutorials
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.