I’ve just released the brand, spanking, new Open Source Colour QR Code Generator - my first ever plugin!
This plugin enables you to create QR codes from any text string and also allows you to personalise the QR image, as well as save it back to the database if required!
In order to use the plugin you just need to add the Colour QR Code element to the page and then add your required styling options to the element in the Property Editor. Within this editor you can change the following options:
- Background colour
- Background alpha (opacity)
- Foreground colour
- Foreground alpha (opacity)
- Error correction level for QR code (link)
- Padding (in pixels)
- Size (in pixels)
- Image format (png / jpg)
All of the above (except size / padding) can also be created as a Bubble Style type to created a standard QR colour profile.
Creating the QR code is achieved within the workflow where you need to add a Generate a Colour QR Code action. Within the Property Editor for this workflow action you can set the below options:
- Text to be encoded
- Whether or not to save the QR image to the database
- QR image filename for saving to the db
There is also an event which can be added to the Workflow, which is A Colour QR Code is saved. This is fired whenever the Colour QR Code element has saved a file to the database and has the file set as a state on the element.
Whenever the Generate action is run there will be 3 available states:
- QR Image (the image file encoded in Base64, which can be used in an image element to show the QR code, without needing to save it to the db)
- Saved Image URL (the full URL for the file saved to the db)
- Saved Image Filename (the saved Filename including file extension)
You can view a demo of this plugin in action @ https://colour-qr-code-generator.bubbleapps.io
The plugin page can be viewed @ https://bubble.io/plugin/colour-qr-code-generator-1589286705656x418893179359068160
It’s free so please give it a go - I’d love to hear your feedback!