Hide Postings for Logged in Users

Hi everyone! New to Bubble and still figuring it out, appreciate any advice - thank you in advance!

I’m working on a job board and would like to give logged in users the ability to hide jobs from the search that aren’t relevant to them. Is that a feature that exists?

Create a table in the user field which is a list of jobs. Name it “Hidden jobs” or whatever.

When the jobs are shown, search for job (filtered by jobs that arent on the current users hidden list).

When they “hide” the job, add the job their trying to hide to the list.

If done correctly, your RG of jobs will automatically update accordingly.

Join my Discord for real-time advice and conversation about no-code and development!

Yep! You can also add a privacy rule stating that the jobs in the hidden field cannot be visible to the user that hid it. You’ll save some WU as they’re not being retrieved from the database at all. Only Filtering it afterwards, downloads them to the page, and then hides them. But it’s still good to keep the :filter as privacy rules sometimes don’t apply until page reload. This way, if a user hides something, the change will reflect immediately, rather than relying only on the privacy rule!

The privacy rule prob wouldn’t save too much WU as the # of hidden jobs as a percentage of total jobs will likely be minimal. And from a UX standpoint, you prob want to show the hidden jobs to the user if they want to unhide them so a privacy rule would complicate that…

Fair enough

Thank you so much for your advice, I really appreciate it.

I’ve spent some time watching some tutorials and doing some more research on this topic, but I’m still not entirely clear on what this entails. Do you mean to add a Hidden Jobs field under data? I’m also not entirely sure how to filter by jobs that aren’t on the list. Any further guidance or pointing me in the right direction would be really appreciated - thank you so much!

Thank you for your response! Do you have any thoughts on how I might be able to enable them to unhide? I was thinking to have a list of hidden jobs on their profile page, though I’m not entirely certain about how to begin creating this right now.

Thank you so much for your reply! I’ve looked into more privacy rules since this and it’s helped me out a lot.