How can my app users create new inputs?

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering how my app users can create new inputs:

Let’s say I have a dashboard page with the following content:

• Button “New input” → goes to page with input fields. The input fields should be empty when I click on the button “New input” and the page with the input fields opens.

• Repeating group showing the title (input fields value) off all the inputs and a button to open/edit this input

Then I have the input page with the following content:

How can I achieve the following:

• When I type into the input field or in the rich text editor: How can I keep the typed in text when reloading the page without hitting save (and sending the input to the database and use a condition to show the data)?

• How can I achieve that the input is empty again, when I create a new input from the dashboard page? Am I doing this completely wrong? Whats the best way to achieve these things?

I really appreciate your help, I’m still a bit lost.

Thank you so much.

I’ve re-read this alot of times but i guess i’m trying to understand the first question: You’re trying to reload the page, without saving the typed data, but still showing it? Is there a reason you don’t want to just save the user’s edit to the database (overwriting the existing input)?

Thanks a lot for replying!

Its like on a blog. I want to be able to create new blog posts with empty input fields, I’ve achieved this now. But when I click on “Edit post”, I want to continue working on the content that is already there. Like in this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpn8jdhf372b9vf/question%20kurz.mov?dl=0

I think this somehow works with custom states but I have no idea and can’t find any information on how to set them up properly.

I appreciate your help :slight_smile:

Sounds like you just need to point your “new post” fields to the current posts’ value…
are the blog posts in a repeating group and you’re having trouble referencing to that particular post in the repeating group?

When I get back to my computer tonight I’ll send some screenshots :white_check_mark:

Good morning, sorry i didn’t get a chance to get to this last ninght, but here ya go: CustomStates with Repeating Groups

I just made a video on it, figured it’d be better :heavy_check_mark:

Thank you so much for your help :slight_smile:

Let me process this and I will try to rebuild it on Monday! I really appreciate your help a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like