How do you all keep on top of changes in your data?

Hey, my app is up and running and has a few users now (yay!). Since it’s an app that lets users invite a lot more users on board, if it takes off any more there’ll be a lot of information to take in on a daily basis. I built a little backend in Bubble for myself so I can see static lists of users + data, but I’m wondering what you’re all using to keep tabs on updates? I’m at the stage where I really want to see every single bit of data happen so I can work out where to take the product next.

Right now I think I might create a Slack for just me and use the integration to send updates whenever someone signs up etc. to that. How do you all do it?

1 Like

Hey @oliphant,

Personally, I’m a big fan of graphs and visuals so what I do is have a page that I just only have access to where it shows the amount of created users broken down by month. You can also try to use Google Analytics, not sure if that helps in your case but that’s how I see how many active users are on at what time, etc.

Hi!

This is an interesting tweet about this subject

1 Like

This is useful! Might be something I do too :blush: Thanks @cmarchan

1 Like

This is exactly what I’m thinking. Might ask him if he’d do a tutorial :stuck_out_tongue:

I think graphs will help a lot as this thing grows - Google Analytics is great, and Stripe’s data is brilliant too, but right now I want really really granular information presented via a table/timeline.

He gave away his secret sauce in the tweets :grinning:

I think this is a situation where I over thought things slightly - I was thinking a Slack, Airtable, even HubSpot integration that would keep all my data up to date. But really, all I needed was to create my own feed (like Dan Tidmas suggests in his tweet).

I created a new data type called “audit” and just gave it one extra field for text. I’ve then been adding a workflow on to every step I want to record that adds an audit text with the info I need. Lastly, I created a private dashboard that displays each item chronologically. I’ll add some basic filtering at a later date.

Perhaps not a perfect long term solution, but fixes the problem I have right now!

Edit: I added a “type” to audit as well - I think it’ll stand me well in the future so I can easily see specific types of actions ie users signing up, changing plans.

2 Likes

What about when you want to put links to the pages so the users can see the object? For example if you have invoices and expenses, in the activity you’ve: user created invoice 1, user created expense 234, …

And you want to link the text to the invoice page or the expense page.

In the audit data type, do you need to have the data type invoices and the data type expenses or just a field where you store the unique id no matter it is an invoice or an expense?

Hello!

You could build the necessary UI and logic to achieve the data visualization you describe.

You can let the user click an rg row and display a popup with further metadata about the object (the rg will likely only display a few field about it on each row)

Or… you can let the user navigate to another page built to display the metadata there (sending the object through a url parameter as an example)

Up to you what UX/UI you want to build. Bubble has the tools to enable us to build them :slight_smile: