How does "is loading" work?

Hi everyone,

How does the “is loading” state work ? I keep on trying but I just can’t get it to work !
Could anyone please help me and post here some link to an editable app for instance ?

Thank you very much in advance.

1 Like

Hey,

Glad to help - can you share more about what you’re trying to do?

Hi !

Well I’m trying to display a loader (gif) while a repeating group is loading a new set of data / content.

speaking of loading progress, the repeating group does show progress till it loads its data, but the page itself doesn’t show any progress so that the user doesn’t touch the UI till all of the elements load their initial values

Well no it doesn’t. I have put a text displaying the “is loading” state of my repeating group right next to it and it displays “no” even though my repeating group is in fact loading new content…

you mean the initial value of the text? it doesn’t do two-way data binding so it evaluates that once. You have to add an event handling workflow I guess. Repeating Group probably offers an element event that it’s IsLoading has changed

1 Like

Set a condition up on an icon to make it rotate when the repeating group “is loading”.

That works.

2 Likes

Really ? Couldn’t get that to work either :frowning:

Could you please post a link ?

Thank you very much.

Here’s a screenshot my conditional tab (RG1 is my repeating group)

Yes will pop into the forum app.

1 Like
1 Like

Is there an IsLoading for Pages?

so is there any way to stop the user interaction with the page till all its controls have loaded their initial values?

Thank you very much :slightly_smiling: