How to access the parent repeating group from an embedded repeating group

Hi,

I would like to delete a sub cell from an embedded repeating group from the parent repeating group. The issue I am facing is that I don’t have access to the current cell of the parent repeating group from the inner repeating group. I would like to delete the inner current cell from the current parent cell.

Note: my inner repeating group can belong to many parent repeating group

Any idea how to achieve that?

Thank

1 Like

I’m not quite sure I follow the details of your challenge, but I may have a solution. If you set the inner RG’s content to be a reusable element (RE). Then, when you click items within it, you can run a workflow that hides the RE or toggles a custom-state on the RE that you can reference from the page page (e.g., when RE’s custom-state = 1, then run this workflow).

It’s a bit of a hack but you could put a group in the main repeating group set to number and the datasource to current cells index, you can also put a second group to be the data type and the source to this cells item.
You should be able to refer to those groups from within the second repeating group

6 Likes

I dont think it will work…you did not tell how to access the parrent current cell from inner current cell.

Interesting. I think this should work. I will give a try and let you know.

Thank

@chad

Your suggestion works ( put a group in the main repeating group set to number and the datasource to current cells index).

Sharing some screenshots to help the community in case someone encounters the same issue which is not trivial at all.

Thank again. You saved me hours.

2 Likes

Glad to be of help

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.