How to add LINE ITEMS (like in a invoice)

What would be the best way to add line items.

For example making a invoice or purchase.

I need to enter 50 lines of Product SKU’s.

It would be nice to have a table format…

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rishi

1 Like

Create a custom type for the line item Thing. When you add a new item, you’re creating a new Thing. The fields would contain all item info. Have an identifying field as well so each item is attached to a specific invoice. Either that and/or have a list field under your Invoice type for “list of items”

For the repeating group to display these items, the source would be “Invoice’s list of items” or “do a search for items, invoice = invoice Id”

Gaby | Coaching Bubble

3 Likes

hi. thank you much for listening!

So you suggest a repeating group to show these child linked items? I,e, Sku, qty, description, color.

Can i add new lines to this repeating group from withing the group itself. Like a button “add new entry”
or must i add new lines using another form just above the repeating group?

Lastly, Are repeating group fields editable and updatable to the database?

Thanks.

Oh and can the thigs be autosaved? for example when i update a line item, do need to click a save button that will trigger a workflow…?

I really did not understand how can we create a custom type for line item , I may be wrong i was thinking custom Type as variable which could be either text or number and is used for passing values based on which subsequent actions can be taken

Objective is obviously not add line items into a thing till the user click on save and he be allowed to add or remove rows before he clicks on Save Button

Maybe that helps.

2 Likes

Here’s a useful video on how to add line items into a thing after final save button is clicked. Looping In Bubble To Build An Invoicing App - YouTube

Lovely video, thank you. One thing you didn’t explain is if the main ‘Group PositionGroup’ is situation on an invoice page with a data type of Invoice. This causes an issue because where your Group Show Articles refer to ‘Parent Group’s Offer Position’s …’ I can not do that because my parent group’s data type is Invoice. Any help for this issue?