How to change password for users?

I feel like I should point out in case you are unaware storing plain text passwords is extremely poor practice but I don’t know what your doing. Most web services have no access to their own users passwords as they are salted and encrypted

Agreed :neutral_face:

That said awesome demo @nocodeventure

1 Like

@nocodeventure @kyleforkey thank you both! I will look at everything you said and your suggestions as well. I will, of course, encrypt the passwords. I am going to do what you both told me and if I faced a problem I will try to solve it by myself and then I will post it here. Your help is appreciated!!

I noticed your trying to build a project management CRM. Why don’t you use my template to get started?

You can create projects, add collaborators as well as managing todos and contacts. It also has Stripe integrated.

Sorry man, I have been working on my app for 2 weeks, I don’t want to waste another 2 weeks. I am already late to go live. Maybe another time. I am planning to build an entertaining website to stream movies…have you got any template for that?

About the demo, I am copying everything as it from your demo to my app but when I clicking on the “Log in” button it is telling me “Incorrect password”.

login4

here is the link if you want to look and edit something. https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=index&id=testestest123&tab=tabs-1

I went to the Login reusable element and saw about 74 errors in your app. From what I can see for now, your filters are missing. You also need to store the data somewhere in order to find the right password for the account.

I’ve added the filter for you.

I forgot to add the filter. The 74 errors are because I deleted some elements and didn’t delete their workflows or related things. Thanks!

where do you advise me to store the data?

1 Like

You have a long way to go, it’s not a simple thing to just save the data. There has to be some kind of privacy rule in place and encryption of passwords.

can you help?

Does using the “copy list of things” work for me and then sending the duplicated data to another page where the data will be stored so the system can find the right password for the account?

how did you solve “the incorrect password” error in the demo?

By applying filters. Kindly look at the Bubble courses. It will teach you all the basics needed to move forward. I’m also available for dedicated support on an hourly basis.

Let me know if that makes sense for you.

Thanks,
Mido

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.