How to convert text type data acquired from local storage to numeric type and calculate it

Hello,
I have a problem, can you help me?
Currently, my application uses a plugin called “local storage & cookies” to pass data. Then, I would like to perform calculations based on the data on the page that was passed to me. However, when I put data into local storage, it is converted to text type. Therefore, it is necessary to convert the data from text type to number type on the destination page, and I am trying to convert using a plugin called “string to number”, but the conversion fails and the value becomes empty.
why?
Also, if there is another way, please let me know
thank you

Assuming the string is just numerical characters, you don’t need any plug-in for this…

Just use the standard Bubble operator ‘convert to number’

Thanks, adamhholmes.
But, I don’t know how to use ‘convert to number’.
Can you tell me how to use it?
If possible, I would be happy if you could publish the template and see what settings you have.

Alternatively, use a browser storage plugin that doesn’t suck.

Thanks, keith.
Is it correct to understand that if I use a local storage plug-in called floppy, I can obtain text type data as a numerical value and calculate it?

Yeah, you can @kawatono. It’s a commercial plugin of mine. It does a lot more beyond that as well because that’s just how I roll.

That’s a nice plugin!
I’ll try it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.