I am attempting to create a very simple download button to, of course, download content that was previously uploaded by the user. I have searched several places and blog posts but nothing is functioning. I have tried:
- checking in the workflow options = no option available to download a file
- created an HTML element and code an “a” tag to link to a file’s location = various error messages or just reloads the current page with no indication of a file download or save window prompt.
- created a link element and input the files location = this will only load a file in a new window, but does not prompt a download.
- I tried to utilize an audio tag with the auto included download button (the file to download is an audio file) = but when I place this element inside the “group” box to position on the page for the layout, the download button will not display the download prompt when clicked.
- I’ve even tried to follow the tutorial in the “how to build an unsplash using bubbble” downloading an image = and all this rendered was a prompt to download an html document with the name of the file i was trying to download (not the actual file).
I would appreciate some specific instructions or link to an actual functioning tutorial if possible. Thank you kindly
I’m a little frustrated as this should not be this difficult since your company’s marketed positioning is based on simplifying interaction with a database. The use of a simple download content button seems to be a norm for database driven web apps.