How to Modify or Export Data in Live Environment

Hello ,

My app is getting ready to go live soon. The users will login and do their stuff in the app. Want to know how the following are possible.

1. As the owner of app, if i have to delete a user or modify some data if requested, how can i do it in live env?
  2. Can a user who is logged into the app have the direct access to his contacts in Database through Data Screen?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi,

1. on the App Data tab in your editor you can toggle back and forth between the Dev Data and Live Data. I use this section to import large amounts of data into the DB.
    Another great way to edit data if the edits can be done through workflows is to set up a “Data Admin” page in your app that you can access to execute actions on certain items
  2. your Users can only view the data that you allow them to view. If you want them to access their contacts, build a page/group that contains a table or repeating group with their contacts and their information so they can view it when they need. You should never let your users into the back end database ideally…