How to show only users within a certan distance on a map - Datas from repeating group

I have a specific list of users displayed on a repeating group, at the moment I show all these users field “location” on a Map.

What I want to do is to show on the map only the addresses within a certain distance from current user location.

I tried in many ways but I miss the syntax…

At the moment the data source of the map is Repeating group list of users’s “location” and type of markers is geographic address.

many thanks
Cesare

3 Likes

Bear in mind that the “Current User’s Location” can be null, becoming more of an issue as Google is stopping allowing location for non-ssl sites.

So worth checking for this, you may already have seen the effect if you are centring the map on current location … if none is available it will show New York City.

hi @NigelG, it can’t be null in theory because the user needs to input a location when they sign up (LOCATION is a field address I created under “User”)… the problem I have is that when they input something that is not recognized they are not warned… just the field will be empty in the database…

there is some way to put a more complex address field like google that shows possibilities while tiping for example…

thanks a lot