I need confirmation (Am i losing it!)

Hello,

Could anyone please go to

https://koolkatz.app/version-test/?url=test2

Load the page and wait for a couple of second while keeping your eye on the map’s marker…Does it jump and change location?!

The map element is centred to “current geographic position” and then there’s a “do ever 1 second” which centres the marker again to “current geographic position”

The map seems to jump when the workflow updates.

This only happens on the index page, the same exact setup on any other page will not jump and will only show the initial and accurate location. The result is that referencing “current geographic position” on the index has become completely useless…my app is on the index page :frowning: …my app is also built around referencing “current geographic position” …ahhhh

Thank you

Not for me, it didn’t :slight_smile:

Thank you @jagdish_bajaj. It jumps on all 5 of my devices… maybe I am losing it :slight_smile:

Is it jumping for you because it’s taking your location from your browser?

It jumped for me. Initially it was on the road, then it jumped into a nearby building. (the building on the next road over)

I am not sure what you mean @jagdish_bajaj ? I have tried it on 3 different phones a tablet and this laptop I am currently on.

The map element is centred to “current geographic position” and then there’s a “do ever 1 second” which centres the marker again to “current geographic position”

Thank you @danpowell01 … I have the same exact setup on another page that doesn’t jump and it will hold the right (initial location )

Tried again on Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Did not jump.

Tried both ways - with allow access to current location and without. Did not jump.

Wish I could explain it.

Thank you so much @jagdish_bajaj for taking the time, I can mock my location to certain places and it won’t jump but most places will make it jump, the thing is my none index pages never jumps no matter what and my index only started doing this recently, don’t really know what to make of it really.

Not sure if you’re able to mock your location but if you’re able to,

try mocking to lat,long : 23.587956, 58.382540 I bet it’ll jump :slight_smile:

Hey!

I just tried it on my macbook. It’s working fine on my end! Maybe you have a VPN on?

Thanks @simo_ammor. No no VPN.

I should have taken that bet. :rofl:

Nope, does not jump with the mock location. Marker flickers, as expected, but does not jump.
Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 11.53.00 AM

Haha you should have! Not sure whether to laugh or cry. Thanks man

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.