Icon's conditional

In my app the users will choose from a list of some 30 options of preferences in their profile, and then they will be able to see in their timeline just the posts made by those users who match one or more of their preferences.

I’m working with option sets in a custom dropdown for the options following the instruction of this video

Minute 5.38

Everything seems to be ok…

Until I arrive to the icon’s conditional.
According to the video should be “when current user’s music preferences contains current cell’s music preferences”
Uploading: 20230121_124938.jpg…

But when I arrive to “contains” is not offered…

How should it be?

Many thanks.

‘Contains’ is a list operator, so will only be avalable on lists.

The field ‘Music Preferences’ on your User datatype is obviously not a list so, assuming it’s meant to be, you’ll need to delete that field from your database and create a list field instead.

But “Music Preferences” is already a list in Option Sets. I do not understand.

When you created the Music Preferences field on the User data type, you didn’t check this box.

list

So, as Adam said, if that field is supposed to be a list field, you will need to delete the existing Music Preferences field, create a new field, and check that box when you create it.

Well, I did it

But still is not giving the option “contains”

What’s wrong?

Your condition says Current cell's Music Preferences, but it should be Current User's Music Preferences. Like this…

Great! It worked.
Now, how should be the Worflow for the icon, considering the users will choose from this list of preferences in their profile, and then they will be able to see in their timeline just the posts made by those users who match one or more of their preferences. ?
I couldn’t find a video on that case…
Many thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.