Inputing multiple nested lists into a single text field

I need to get multiple nested lists into a single text field. This is for an education rubric so I’ll use that do describe the issue.

Data Structure:

- Rubric
-- Criteria
--- Rating
---- Indicators

So if I display this to the user it would look like this.

4th Grade ELA (Rubric)
Written Expression (Criteria)

• Rating 4 (Rating)
    • Demonstrates full and complete comprehension of ideas in the texts by providing an accurate analysis supported with effective and convincing textual evidence. (Indicators)
    • Examines a topic and conveys ideas and information accurately and clearly. (Indicators)
  • Rating 3 (Rating)
    • Demonstrates an adequate understanding of ideas in the texts by providing a mostly accurate analysis supported with adequate textual evidence. (Indicator)
    • Examines a topic and conveys ideas and information clearly. (Indicator)

Written Conventions (Criteria)

• Rating 4 (Rating)
    • The response demonstrates a full command of conventions of standard English at the appropriate level of complexity. (Indicator)
    • Sentence structures are varied, well-formed, and effectively controlled. (Indicator)
  • Rating 3 (Rating)
    • The response demonstrates a partial command of conventions of standard English at the appropriate level of complexity. (Indicator)
    • Sentences structures show some variety and are generally controlled.

I need to put his data into a single text field in the order presented above so that I can send it outside of the app. The thing I’m struggling with is that I’m not sure how I can get each item’s nest item under the above item.

Any thoughts on how you would do this?

I solved this by creating a back end workflow to loop through each item and append the text field.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.