Is a Delete Workflow prompt needed? (please vote)

Hi,

Am I the only one to think that deleting a workflow accidentally is way too easy in Bubble and can be devastating to a project? Let’s say this happened a few weeks before you noticed it. I am so aware of this all the time.

I definitely think that a “Are you sure you want to delete this workflow?” is badly needed and can be easily to added to the interface.

After 3 years with Bubble, I can’t think of anything that is both 1) so critical and 2) so easily resolved by the UX team.

What do you think? Do you support this request?

Personally I don’t think it’s necessary, it may do more harm than good. Sometimes you just do need to delete workflows and constantly having popups to confirm doesn’t help with that. Personally, when I accidentally delete a workflow I just click undo as I notice when I do so.

Thanks Johnny, But what if you did not realize you deleted a workflow as there is no feedback? It could be weeks before you realize it.

I would just go back and fix it, I personally do testing before I push my application live and have an option for my users to submit bug reports to fix any uprising issues.

1 Like

No way Johnny, that argument can be made for any delete action anywhere. So why prompt on any delete action on anything at anytime?

In Bubble, all you have to do is have the workflow visible and accidentally click on delete. When you build a repeating group and you have let’s say a trash bin icon per row. Do you not prompt the user for confirmation? More so on something very important. Don’t you think this is needed?

Kindly

I get where you are coming from, but just on a personal basis, I have never accidently deleted a workflow so this issue doesn’t apply to me personally. Maybe another Bubble has a different opinion? :man_shrugging:

I agree with @johnny . However, there may be many people who want this (seems unnecessary since it has a save point and undo feature). If such a feature is to come, it should be optional. There may be a checkbox on the Settings tab. Like : Display warning message when deleting workflow

2 Likes

Was just about to suggest the same. Bubble should have the option for those who want it.

2 Likes