Is it possible to make a text based browser MMORPG

I’m kinda curious because I wanna know if this is compatable for making stuff like Kingdom of Loathing

2 Likes

Welcome to Bubble!

Absolutely! That will take a bit of time but you can easily create a simple one in a day. Most of your time is going to be creating the story line and witty remarks. :+1:

Want to learn more for free? 👨🏻‍💻

Subscribe to my free tutorials at the

:clock4:NoCodeMinute on YouTube :grin:

Dancing%20Small

Great idea !

I have a “Build your own adventure” builder on my Bubble todo list.

i hope for a tutorial on it. i’m kinda stumped after making a player base and stats

This is also something I’ve wanted to do for a while. Games is something that I think is largely unexplored in Bubble and there’s plenty of room for it. Just some things I’ve considered:

1. Text Adventure maker/marketplace
  2. Resource-based MMO (generate resources over time, attack other players by buying weapons & whatnot with said resources - Very early 2000s kinda vibe)
  3. Election/campaign simulator

I’ve probably had dozens of other ideas on the subject, but haven’t we all! :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Number 2 is definitely what im looking for

I would say that it’s possible, but very very difficult. Anyway, I don’t think that it’s worth it, the game that you are going to create is going to have some really bad graphics and engine. It’s not going to compete with really cool MMORPGs like World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls Online, Aion, Blade and soul and so on. I have just found a list with the best mmorpg on https://yourmoneygeek.com , and all of them aren’t browser games.

Working on it!