Is it possible to play videos uploaded to bubble?

Hello,

I’m trying to find a plugin to be able to play videos I’ve uploaded to bubble. So far I’ve tried two plugins and neither have done this. Is this not possible?

Thanks,
George

@gnelson

The plugin Video Player from Zeroqode does the trick

2 Likes

That’s one of the ones I’ve tried, so I must be doing something wrong. The file is there, it just won’t play.

Ah that’s weird. You may want to try adding the “play a video player” action on page load?

It’s an MP4 file. This is what I get. I even tied it with a static file.

@gnelson I’m using this plugin with MP4 files as well, never had this problem

@ZeroqodeSupport any ideas?

1 Like

This one seems to play nicely.

1 Like

True, I went with the other one for the better UI but this one does work too

how to make an option for the user to select different resolution for the video?

can you share some real file links that you are trying to feed to the player so we could check?
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @lantzgould,

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately for me there’s no documentation or editor view. I don’t understand what’s shown below. These aren’t youtube or Vimeo videos. They’re video files saved to a record in bubble. Will you help clarify it for me?

Thanks!

Hi @levon,

Sure.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1591014819845x975740954146907300/2005310001.MP4

https://s3.amazonaws.com/appforest_uf/f1591014765189x811642158758875100/2005310002.MP4

For the suggested plugin, you can use dynamic links for your stored videos in your db.

There’s also workflow actions to control,

1 Like

Thanks for that clear instruction. My “appearance” tab is different though? Compare your image to mine. Wonder why.

Oh, that looks like Bubble‘s built in one. Should be toward the bottom in the elements tab. Think it’s called ‘player’. Not near my computer right now :slight_smile:

How to upload videos directly to your app and play them, step by step tutorial

3 Likes

Hello @gnelson

Sorry for the trouble, however, the plugin Video Player works on our side.
We could not replicate the issue with playing files from the database.
Here’s our setup :

And the database (you can see the 12th item in Video thing “Bunny MP4”)

Playback

You can see our demo setup: zeroqode-demo-06 | Bubble Editor

One thing that may cause the issue, it’s the file itself either it is private or corrupted mime type.
Would recommend to check, the files which were uploaded in the database.

Hope this helps. :pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

1 Like

@253digital Now THAT’S what I’m talking about. Awesome tutorial! Thank you for creating and sharing that.

George

Thanks again for all the input. It seems the mp4 files I’m uploading to bubble aren’t working. They play on my pc, but not in any online video player. I checked outside of bubble. They’re extension is .mp4. They come from a 30K video recording device. I don’t have any idea what other solution there may be to play these. Do any of you have an idea?

SO, after further investigation I found “MPEG-4 video codec which is not supported by browsers. The only widely supported video codecs are Theora, H.264 and VP8.” The files I have are MPEG-4.

For anyone else that may run into this issue, I downloaded Movave Video Converter. It worked great. I converted it to mp4 H.264.

Thanks,
George

Hello @gnelson

Thanks for heads-up regarding the Codec .
Glad to hear that you’ve managed to make it work via encoding the files to a different codec type.
:pray:

If you have any other questions regarding the Plugin, let us know!
Thanks.

Zeroqode Team.