Is LinkedIn SSO possible?

Has anybody had success creating sign up/login functionality through LinkedIn Single Sign On?

I’m building a professional network, and would like to leverage LI to not just login, but also pull information about that user. Is this even possible through Bubble?

Attaching the documentation for you here so anyone can have easy access. I’m not sure if this is possible, it should be though.

Yes totally do-able, I’m doing both on one of my apps.

Although you should know that Linkedin only allows you to pull basic profile data (email, name, profile picture) by default. If you want to pull more info, you’ll need to be approved in their Partner Program

Thank you for the assistance! Read a couple pages in and it looks like this is documentation to enable users within a given enterprise to use their enterprise credentials to log into LI apps such as Learning.

I realize my initial post may have been confusing, I’m trying to enable users of my Bubble app to sign up for my app using their existing LI credentials and auto populate information such as email address and profile picture on my app from their LI profile.

Awesome, this is exactly what I need! Would you be able to point me towards any documentation or instructions you may have utilized? Any guidance in this direction would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Sure @sawal

Here is Linkedin OAuth documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/linkedin/shared/authentication/authorization-code-flow?context=linkedin/consumer/context

The Linkedin plugin might work to let your users signup/login. You can simply use the Signup/Login with a social network action after installing it.

The way I did it was through API Connector, so I’m not sure 100% the plugin does the trick though. If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to understand the OAuth grant process. See this thread to understand all the steps you’d need to go through: [Showcase] Manual OAuth2 Token Integration

Let me know if you need more help

1 Like