Issue with Algolia Search

Hi, has anyone faced this issue with Algolia search before?

I’m having a problem, where if I set the data source of a repeating group to Algolia, it’ll search with an empty query by default, on page load. This is an issue, as its eating up my Algolia quota (ideally it’d just search using non empty queries)

From searching online, it seems the way around this is to intercept empty queries and avoid sending them (which isn’t possible with Bubble, as the JS isn’t editable for this)

I also tried using a front end workflow, using “has input changed” as a trigger. However, this relies on the user clicking off the input, which doesnt help (they’d have to type text in, and then click off the input for it to trigger)

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.