🔗 - Link Info and Preview - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Hi @christo1, the plugin itself is working properly, the only point is that due to a recent plugin update (library change), the Live Demo page will be also reworked (design and responsive).
Have a good day!

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I seem to have run into a defect. The plugin is working fine in my dev version, but this error is preventing me from doing a prod release, I’m going to remove the plugin for now.

It just got worse. I tried deleting the plugin, but the new fields that it added are still there and the error is still there also. I’m now blocked from a scheduled prod release. I need tech support.

Hi @chris55, thanks for your message, and sorry to hear about the inconveniences met during plugin use.

Sometimes, after a plugin uninstall - instead of plugin actions might remain “Missing elements” steps that should be removed manually from workflows. In case the mentioned errors still appear, please check the “Workflows” tabs for existence of such steps and remove them.

In case the issue persists even after advised action, as well as page reload and login&logout from the Bubble account, please share via mail a bit more details about the workflow you’ve tried to implement (screencast with the related setup and settings).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I’m using the demo page to test some links I’ve had issues with. Any idea why these links for example don’t work? These are popular sites.

Hi @JayM,
Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.

We’ve tested the above URL on the plugin live demo page and it looks like those URLs are locked and cannot be previewed with the Link Info and Preview Plugin.

As well, we’ve passed your request to our dev team for additional research, looking if there are any workarounds for your use case.
Once there will be any updates, we will let you know.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Best regards, :pray:
Zeroqode Support Team.

Hi @JayM,
We highly appreciate your patience.

We’ve updated the Link Info and Preview Plugin to Version 1.13.0 - Fixed the display of link information in the preview.
Basically, if the website doesn’t contain a media file or description, you will see this message:
No media file, no description, or the website seems to be missing a title, description, and SEO image

See the screenshots below:

Please update the plugin to the latest version inside your app and let us know if everything is working.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Can you explain to me how, if i post these links to Slack (or twitter), they manage to generate a preview?

Hi @JayM,
Thanks for your question.

If links are accessed from a suspicious source (the destination site decides which source is suspicious), it may not provide the required data (SEO Image, description, or title) and we can’t influence that unfortunately.

In case you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team