I would like users to be able to share posts with links and show them a link preview like facebook and linkedin does. E.g. the text “Hey check out this cool website: www.bubble.io” should return image, title & description of the respective website. Also, it should work with and without protocol / http://.
Here is what I tried:
- Link preview plug in from @romanmg - really great plugin, except it often does not return the right image (or no image at all). Also, the free API calls of the associated service linkpreview.net are relatively low and soon require a paid subscription.
- Zeroqode Link Info and Preview plugin from @levon (?) - returns the right infos/images but cannot recognise an url out of a text. I tried using extract with hundreds of regex but can’t seem to find the right one.
My questions are:
- Does anyone know of a plugin that can do the above?
- Does anyone know a regex with which urls can get extracted? (Yes, I read all the related forum entries as well as the ones on stackoverflow.)
- Could someone develop that plugin for me and if so, how much would it cost?