đź”— - Link Info and Preview - New Plugin from Zeroqode

This plugin allows you to create nice looking link previews. Simply by supplying links it will return these states

Title: text
Description: text
Valid Url: yes/no
Inserted Url: text

Also, you can use plugin’s ready made UI to show link previews

image%20info%20and%20preview

For details, screenshots and demos please visit the plugin page: at Link Info and Preview Plugin for Bubble | Zeroqode

Levon Terteryan

Founder @ Zeroqode

zeroqode-for-web-160x120

Bubble Templates

Bubble Plugins

Bubble Courses

Convert Web to iOS & Android

No-code Development Services

3 Likes

Hi, I recently bought the plugin and found it to be amazing. I have one question though, Images returns a list of images. How do I extract the meta-image only? Right now I pick up the wrong images with some websites. Thanks in advance.

Hi Zain,
what do you mean by meat images ?

It’s the image that shows up whenever you send a link on imessage for example. You can try it out:

https://www.quora.com/Is-Google-a-great-place-to-work

If you send this link on imessage or share on fb you get a different image vs. using the plugin.

Hello @zain , could you please show your use case setup and differences.

Which websites you’ve tested and what is the result so we could replicate the issue?

Regards,
Dumitru,

So basically I have a link sharing website. When user adds a link, I use linkpreview to get the title/description and image. For most websites LinkPreview works fine but for others it doesn’t. If you use the plugin on this website, for example:

https://www.quora.com/Is-Google-a-great-place-to-work

The image that you end up getting is a user’s profile picture but not the meta-image which should not be the case. For pages with multiple images, there needs to be some sort of a filter which picks out the meta image for that webpage. You can test this out using the sharing debugger tool.

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/sharing/?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.quora.com%2FIs-Google-a-great-place-to-work

To sum it up, using linkpreview I’m getting the wrong images for links. The request is to add a filter so that for pages with multiple images, the meta-image can be extracted. The meta image for a link appears as <og:image > in the html tags.

Hello @zain

Let us check this out while we’re working on the update. It’ll take some time, since there are a few tickets in progress. So please bear with us here, thanks for understanding.

Best,
Zeroqode Team.

Hello, @zain

Please upgrade to the latest version of plugin, place the element on page and give it a try by refreshing the app.

Latest updated let’s you choose which picture to show in preview mode from the page’s images list.
Field name “Image to show”.

Thanks for patience and the feedback provided.
If you like our plugin, could you please rate it by going to Plugins tab in Bubble editor? You can find the plugin by name and give it as many stars as it deserves :slight_smile: The more feedback we get, the more motivated to build great plugins :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,
Dumitru.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, this still does not solve the problem. Try this link, you won’t get an image.

But if you look here then you’ll see an image. Image to Show is basically the same as List of Images. Previously, what I did was I had a simple condition where if the list of images count was > 1 then the second picture would automatically be taken. The only issue is you’re not able to extract the meta image, an image that may not be displaying on the website. Like the Quora example.

Hello zain!

I see that some meta-images are not displayed using the plugin and understand the issue in place which creates this, however this seems a limitation of API the plugin uses to reach out in some cases meta-image.
Sorry for that, at the moment nothing we can do about it.
Thanks for understanding.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

Hi, I would like to use this plugin just for data calls to style my own link previews but it currently does not offer that option. The plugin element also cannot be resized even when just used to get data.

I need to get url meta data for recursive api wf (from plugin data call)

Can you add this please then I will subscribe/purchase. Thanks

Hello there, @Taiheta

Thanks for the provided feedback, we’ll need to check this if feasible.
So you know, at the moment it’s not a priority to add features, however we’ll update on the matter asap.
Thanks.

Best,
Zeroqode Team.

1 Like

Hi y’all!

We’ve updated the plugin with the requested feature, an API data call to customize your style of links.

Update 11/6/19

• Added API data call to retrieve given link information.

@Taiheta , due to library design used in plugin, the link preview element can not be resized.
Thanks for understanding.

Please check the latest version of plugin for the update. If any issues appear with, do not hesitate to post them here with @zeroqode mention.
Thanks for support and understanding.

Regards,
Zeroqode Team.

1 Like

Thanks so much!!!

Excellent! I need this exact plugin. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello, currently the “Valid Url” will say yes even if the link leads to a 404 page. Is there any way around this?

@Drahgoone,

Hello, thanks for reaching out and apologies for the late reply :pray:

This state returns the value “yes” if the link, you’ve indicated in the plugin element, has no spelling/symbol/spacing/ issues in it and is syntactically correct. A syntactically correct URL can lead to a page that (after we try to get it) returns 404.
The “no” value will be returned if your Link URL has some spelling errors.

For example: if you have a space in your Link URL parameter (plugin element), the Valid URL state will return the “no” value:

I hope this information will be useful to you.
Regards,
Zeroqode Team

The plugin is currently not working. even the demo isnt working. pls check it.

Hi @olowusamson, thanks for your patience.

We have pushed a plugin update, that has fixed the issue related to the previously used library (no preview available).
To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.8.0: Fixed CORS error. ) and give it a try.

Hope it helps. If any other plugin-related questions will appear, please let us know, we will be glad to help :wink:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Your demo page seems buggy