Make Change to a (list of) Things: Dynamic Field

Hey everyone,

My users can upload an audio file and they can specify a bunch of information.
For example, the Name, BPM and Image. All this information is held in a separate field.

I want to create a bulk edit feature where users can select certain audio files they’d like to edit, specify which field they would like to edit (for example, Name, BPM or Image), and then specify the new value they want for that field.

For example, let’s say a user has 3 audio files, all with different BPMs (120, 130, and 150). Now they want to bulk edit all those 3 files to have the same BPM of 150. They do not want to change any other field.

How do I tell Bubble to modify only the BPM field of the 3 audio files? I know I can have a custom state that is a yes/no for each field which lets bubble know if the user wants to edit that field or not. Then I’d have a bunch of functions that edit only the fields that are “yes”, but I have 20 different fields in the audio data type. To have 20 different conditionals would be a bit messy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

TLDR: How to tell bubble which field to edit dynamically?

This is gonna be painful to setup, but make 20 Make changes to a list of things actions, each setting it’s respective field, each with it’s respective “yes bulk edit this field” yes/no condition.

Unfortunately no dynamic option like what you’re looking for.

Yeeeaaaah, I figured I’d have to settle for that method anyways. I made it like that and it works flawlessly.

Thanks for your assistance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.