đŸ—ș Mapbox Maps - Total revamp of one of the most popular Bubble plugins from Zeroqode

Hi @projectmuse.dev, thanks for the provided access and your patience.

The developer team checked how the app works and shared the following feedback:

• the issue is not related to the Mapbox plugin, in particular, as all the app page as a whole requires optimization.

There are too many processes that are running simultaneously on the page (filtering, searching, deleting, animations, etc.), which are overloading the browser memory.
Sorry for the lack of details, a detailed review would require an in-depth analysis of the page functionality, and unfortunately, that would be beyond your responsibilities as the support team.

To check by yourself, you can transfer all Mapbox related workflows and elements on a separate page, and see that it will run smoother.

Hope the provided hint will help. If there will be anything else that we can help with about our products, please let us know :wink:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Alright thanks a ton!!

1 Like

Hello!

Have ran into a pretty basic problem I imagine and can’t seem to find the solution. Has anyone found a way using this plugin to have a custom marker change when a marker is clicked? I have two custom marker images that are identical except in color. On click, I’d like to swap between the two for the user to know which marker’s information they have selected.

Also, trying to “fly to” without changing the user’s zoom level, bearing, or pitch. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Hi @sam15, thanks for your questions.

A workaround that we can propose, is to use a workflow that starts with the “When marker is clicked” event, followed by “Delete marker X” and “Add Marker X” (with required after change color).

Unfortunately, the current plugin functionality doesn’t support such a feature. Sorry about that.
The developer team will check how feasible would be to add it in the following plugin updates, thank you for suggesting it.

Please let us know if there are any other questions that we can help with.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello! Is there any way you could add in the ability for the mapbox plugin to output the geographic distance of the current zoom level? For example, to essentially have an output that says how many miles/kilometers wide the current width of the map is depending on the current zoom level?

The use case would be to have a list that shows only what is visible on the map. If we had that number, (how many miles/kilometers wide the map is at the current zoom level = x) it would be easy to accomplish this way:

1. Have an input dynamically set to “x” (how many miles/kilometers wide the map is at the current zoom level)

2. Have the data source of the list be: “Do a search for all markers (address is within input’s value’s miles/kilometers of mapbox map’s center address).”

Hi @projectmuse.dev, thanks for your inquiry.

The developer team will check how feasible would be to add such a feature in the next plugin updates, thanks for suggesting it.

A possible workaround so far, that we can recommend, is to see if you can use in your case the current zoom level values and related actions (Fly to, Start Location Tracking, Set Zoom).
See the reference link: zoom level | Help | Mapbox

Hope the provided hint will help. In case there will be any other questions or suggestions that we can help with, please let s know :wink:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hello, thank you for this great plugin, however I am stuck because of a bug (or lack of expected functionality?)

As you can see in the recording I have a text field set as Directions point B-point Longtitude
So it should show the destinations longtitude as we see it in the upper left corners B field, right?

But it only works if both point A and point B are set.
If point A is not set - point B is empty as well.

Another bug, if user cancels his destination/departure, the states are not updated ( we have no idea that client canceled the route)

Hi @tomajx, thanks for your message.

This is right, the plugin doesn’t work if one of the obligatory values is not set.

Thank you for the provided information. We’ve passed mentioned issue to the developer team. Once it will be fixed, we will let you know asap. :pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

For my personal use case it would be enough if the user sets only the destination, so it would be amazing to have the point B’s value even if departure is not set, else I can’t find a way to use it unfortunately

Hi @tomajx,

This is noted, thank you for suggestion, we’ve passed it to the developer team. They will check how feasible would be to add it to the next plugin updates.
In case any news in this regard will become available, we will let you know asap

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Great, thank you! Also please consider adding an event when point A/B is cleared from the search to also be able to clear it from the point state, hope it makes sense.

Hi @tomajx,

This is noted, the developer team will check how feasible would be to add it.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

Just stumbled on this plug-in and it sound very promising. I have a very specific case study for this. I have read thru this page but I have not installed or used the plugin (to be clear)

1. I read that I can create polygons but it is stored as coordinate. Can it be stored as a geojson?
  2. Can it handle a multipolygon (create, save, edit)?
  3. Can I upload a geojson file to display?
  4. Does it have an area output to save to db? (I vaguely reminder something like this)
  5. If I can upload a geojson file (as in point 2), can I display different colours (like a colour template) according to the geojson attributes?
  6. Can you suggest a tool to convert orther formats (like shapefile) to geojson via api?

Thx

Hi @thinus, thanks for your questions and interest in our plugin.
Please find the answers below:

Unfortunately, not, it retrieves back as coordinates, but you can introduce these coordinates into GeoJSON.

Yes, this could be done by changing stored related data in database.

It can be stored as text datatype in the database.

The area of the drawn polygon area is retrieved as a state, unfortunately, it is not possible to calculate the area by GeoJSON coordinates.

Unfortunately, currently available functionality doesn’t allow that.

We’re afraid that currently we can’t suggest any particular tool for this case. Sorry about that. The developer team will consider the possibility to add such a feature, thank you for suggesting that.

Hope the provided replies will help in a way. If there is anything else that we can help about our plugin, please drop a message here :wink:.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @tomajx, thanks for your patience.

We have pushed a plugin update, that added a feature of increased update rate for route points.

To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.48.0: improved update rate of origin and destination point states) and give it a try.

If there will be any other plugin-related questions, please drop a message.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport

I have an issue where RTL languages don’t display correctly, it’s correct on other mapbox plugins.

And also I can anchor the marker when adding a single marker but when I add a list of markers there is no option to set the anchor.

Last thing: How can I turn off the small tooltip when a marker is clicked?

Hi @moose, thanks for the message.

We’ve passed both mentioned moments to the developer team’s consideration as possible further plugin improvements.

The developer team will check how this issue can be fixed.

Once any news about any of the above-mentioned issues will become available, we will let you know asap :pray:

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @moose,

We have pushed a plugin update, that has fixed the tooltip display when no description has been provided.

To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Version 1.49.0: Fixed popup appearing when description is not set) and give it a try.

Have a nice weekend ahead!

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Great plugin, but having some difficulty setting up. Is there a resource that explains a step by step?
For instance that explains the API key? I’m attempting to use the map to pull coordinates to an input but keep getting an Geocoding API key error?