Need help building FAQs section w. drop down

I’m building a FAQ section for the bottom of my landing page and while in theory everything should work it either stops toggling after clicking it more than once or it doesn’t show the text on the first try. I’ve tried clicking Question Group to show Answer element, clicking Question Group to toggle Answer element, etc. None of them are functioning as consistently as I’d like to.

As you can see I created the following workflow for when Q1 group is clicked. It either doesn’t show text properly or it doesn’t work after first click. Alternatively, I’ve tried this workflow but that also glitches on me.

And then I repeated same workflow for the corresponding plus sign. Here is my link. https://rentmount.com/version-test?debug_mode=true

Hey @rishab

Thanks for the post and sorry for the trouble with this! This is an excellent usecase for FAQs though so I’m sure we can get this up and running for you. What I would recommend looking into is conditionals. Because, instead of having to have so many steps in your workflows (where I’m thinking your toggle elements are getting out of sync) you can toggle just one thing and have everything else respond accordingly.

Here’s what I mean, your icon could have a conditional that changes it to be a minus when group answer is showing. And, if Q5 answer is inside of Q5 answer group, you shouldn’t need to toggle both but instead, just the group itself.

By making those changes, you’ll simply have one toggle action for Q5 answer group and everything else should work accordingly.

Give it a try and don’t hesitate to email us at Support@Bubble.io with any questions.

Hey,

I think you make it way more complicated than it should be. You can easily use states here. Please find below a screen of how I did it with an FAQ at this page: https://product-p.com/faq
(all are open on purpose for better SEO, but you can easily close all at the beginning):

Hope that helps.

Many greetings

Sarah

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.