Need help with google calendar example (free) ASAP

Hello, I’m a student trying to make an app for other students and I need help. I copied your google calendar example exactly and it still doesn’t work (Zeroqode-demo-22 | Bubble Editor). The IDs don’t pop up when I sign in and I don’t know where the calendar is. Can you please help me ASAP as this is a project. All I want is to connect google calendar events into my bubble app. Thank you. @ZeroqodeSupport @ZeroqodeTeam

Hi @giovanni10303, thanks for reaching out.

On the plugin set up, please be sure to follow the instructions available on the plugin page on Bubble marketplace: Calendar from Google Plugin | Bubble

Allow me to drop them also here:

1. Get your App ID and App Secret by registering your application at
    https://console.developers.google.com

2. Add these URLs to the list of callback URIs for your app in the Google developer console (replace “yourapp” with your appname and “pagename” with the name of the page where the workflow to authenticate the user is run from.

1. To authenticate the user, please create a button with workflow "account-signup/login with a social network and choose “google calendar”. After the user has authenticated and authorized your app to access their calendar, the data will become available in Bubble elements (Repeating Groups, Workflows etc.)

To be sure you have created OAuth keys correctly, please use this guide (it is documentation of the paid plugin version, which is applicable to its free version):
https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/google-calendar-+-offline-plugin#i-setup-google-developers-console

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

I did everything and there are still no choices available in the “choose calendar id” dropdown after I sign into google. Is there any way you can check my app and see if anything is wrong with it? I really want this to work so any help would be great.

Thank you. @ZeroqodeSupport @ZeroqodeTeam

Dear @giovanni10303, thanks for the provided link and sorry for the delayed reply (due to the weekend).
Within your app, during the logging process, we observe the 403 error, which stands for Google authentification issues.
To solve them, please follow the guidance of the instruction available here and be sure to introduce the right API keys:

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

I followed the steps on your website but I am still not getting any calendars to pop up on the dropdown. Is there something else wrong with it? I screenshotted what I did for the API. @ZeroqodeSupport @ZeroqodeTeam

@giovanni10303 ,

Regarding the redirect URIs screen you’ve shared - on my test app, I’m not using the oauth_redirect URI or oauthplayground, and it works well. Perhaps this is not a reason, but maybe you should try to remove those 2 URIs from the list.

The second point - please make sure you have added the Google Calendar library to your project.

The third point - make sure you have pasted correctly your App ID/API and App Secret keys.

And the last point. If you are sure you have created your google dev project correctly, you may use my test app page as a workable example of this plugin usage. It was built using the free Google Calendar plugin and it works well:

https://www.loom.com/share/552d2c3e276543049d53de7116c8e921

Hope it helps :pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

It worked!! Thank you so much! Is there a way to show the calendar name instead of the calendar API in the dropdown? Thanks again!! @ZeroqodeSupport @ZeroqodeTeam

2 Likes

@giovanni10303 ,

You are always welcome! I’m glad it helped. :slightly_smiling_face:
If you feel you’d like to rate our plugin, please do not hesitate and visit your app’s Plugin tab > find Calendar from Google and give it as many stars, as you think it deserves. We highly appreciate your input. :smiley:

By default, as it is shown on the plugin demo page, in the Calendar dropdown you have the calendar names already. Just like it is on the test app I’ve shared:

Let me please know if you have more questions, please.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Will this plugin allows the app to share my calendar with other users or do I need to make my calendar public for that?

I can see my calendar no problem, but I want to allow users to see my calendar too.

Hello, @jared.gibb
Thanks for your question.

Allow us to highlight that this plugin does not allow you to share your calendar with included events with other users.
It is intended only for your personal use. However, allow us to recommend you to take a look at another plugin, which could match your needs: Google Calendar (Service Acc.) | Plugin for Bubble by Zeroqode

Sorry for this inconvenience.
Best regards,

No worries. With the service account, is that domain specific or is it that after user 1 authenticates with my app , then my app can allow user2 to view user1s calendar?

Is it different than a standard oauth connection?

I asked this then set out to setup my own api calls. They are working just fine but I used the standard oauth and not the service account. Think I’ll have issues?

Hello, @jared.gibb
Thanks for this question.

Please note that with the Service account you need to give access to a certain range of users, who will be able to see the events in your calendar.

For the information on how to obtain Service Account Keys for a Service Acc. plugin, please read here: https://docs.zeroqode.com/obtaining-google-service-account-keys

Create your development account at https://console.developers.google.com and enable the Google Calendar API, Admin SDK API.

Please allow us to recommend you to check the Google Calendar Service Account Plugin documentation: https://docs.zeroqode.com/plugins/google-calendar-service-account-plugin

Your users could use this Google Calendar without being signed in with their account!

Hope it helps you.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.